buy new car lately?

1.5 yrs later...

I'm in the market for a more fuel economic vehicle or my dreamy S2000 :drooling:

IMG_0404.jpg

PULLED THE TRIGGER AND LOVING EVERY SECOND:D
Kinda cross posting but it belongs here..

You finally get a job.. and you start selling off mt bikes and buying white convertibles?? Um??

Have you purchased a new car recently? I'm wondering with this downturn of the economy how much under MSRP are you getting the car for and what car? That way I can go into the dealer and gauge my bargaining chips.

I'm in the market for a more fuel economic vehicle or my dreamy S2000 :drooling:. We shall see... I'm looking at new or a used cars but 06' and above. Considering some suby's and some small SUV's

If you belong to Costco or Sam's club, they have deals there s well.
When I bought my 2007 Rav I bought it above dealers cost.

Today you have the power to wheel and deal..

oooo s2000, which year? I want one of the first years with the 2.0
the s2000 is the miata for asian men.
i drive a purple miata cause i'm a gay white man
-gay

If you belong to Costco or Sam's club, they have deals there s well.

Disclaimer: Yes, I may work for a dealership, but follow my advice at your own discretion. No two dealerships work the same, and I haven't worked at all of them, so what I know may not apply everywhere.

The company that provides those services (Zag, the people behind TrueCar.com) charges dealerships $300 for every car sold through their system. In order to recoup this cost, dealers just charge people buying through Zag $300 more then the pricing they already would do for "regular" Internet customers. So basically if you are using the USAA, AAA, Sam's, Costco, TrueCar, Geico, and a few others, you are over paying, since you could just use a non-membership based method (like the dealer's own website) to get a better price.

Just my two cents.

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS! :D
And for those other ones... :blah:

oooo s2000, which year? I want one of the first years with the 2.0
the s2000 is the miata for asian men.
i drive a purple miata cause i'm a gay white man
-gay
HaHaHa
2008. You can find a first gen one for pretty great price. I've driven the 2.0 and I can attest that the 2.2 don't drive as harshly. Also, the earlier years had a few small problems. Fixable ones. Altho the 2.0 makes a sick track car but you prob know. I went with the '08 for a few reasons. Last year they made GPW on red! better seats (no bug net hole at head), different bumpers, lower mileage, smoother ride, and clean car for good deal, etc... Win win win all around. I'm gonna have my fun with it for a year or two and hit the track!

My other car is still around too. For the performance and 25mpg I'm getting, this is pretty superior to the 15mpg I was getting (my commute is 45mi now). This was the one car I always wanted since I got my DL and now that I can, WHY NOT?! :D

You finally get a job.. and you start selling off mt bikes and buying white convertibles?? Um??
Don't be mad cause I'll never succumb to the kool aid. I'm pretty comfortable with my 3 road bikes and 3.5 26" mtb's :) Have you driven you photog friend's? f not, drive mine. You'll understand ;)

seriously, you think being unemployeed would make you want to save some cash.:p
says Mr. Sebring Conv :D
In all seriousness, if I didn't buy the s2000 now, I probably will never get to because of the future queen bee and the expense snowball that comes with it. Plus, it's a Honda which is nearly immune to depreciation haha. I can always sell when my situation changes. No worries.

25mpg? I think that's about what my miata gets too.
Pretty funny for a 2300lb car with a 1.8L and a 6 speed.
The s2000 seems a lot bigger, see if you can fit a 29er rim in the trunk, I can't

I've been contemplating pulling the trigger on an S2000 myself. I test drove a couple at Bridgewater Acura a few weeks back, a red '08 with 16k and a white '06 with 34k on it. also about a month and a half ago I drove an '01 with 70k on it.
The '01 was someone's beach car it seems but it still pulled like a bastard. Chirped the tires in 3rd!!! '04 on is a little "softer" but it still has plenty of balls.

give me a call when you're ready to mod it

i can give you a test ride in a full moton suspended 475wheel horse turbo gen1 s2k =]

The s2000 seems a lot bigger, see if you can fit a 29er rim in the trunk, I can't

The picture is deceiving. The angle of the shot makes the car look big. It's also deceivingly bigure with the top down. With the top up the car looks tiny :hmmm: But bigger than a Miata for sure. The front end is long and trunk is short but wide that can fit like 3 big duffels. Didn't try to fit 29er rim yet but I doubt it.

says Mr. Sebring Conv :D

Hey, that is my wifes car!! A guy in my office always ask how my grandma's car is doing. :mad:

I just drive it because our Pilot is the kiddie car. So basically, I don't have a car of my own. But I have the bikes, so who cares.

Back
Top Bottom