Bring a Trailer - OMFG or On Topic

iman29

im actually surprised that didnt sell for more...70SCJs were pretty rare and unrestored.
i know my same thoughts exactly especially this one was fully documented original. maybe the earlier ones are worth more.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I have started the search for something to replace my wifes 2009 outback.....my wife has had essentially the exact same green outback since the year 2000....(one 2001, then a 2009)....To say im just so fucking sick and tired of fixing shit box subaru problems is a massive understatement. I think I can best sum up Subarus......they always run, they are cheap and easy to repair.....but they are always in some state of broken. Anyway, so I have informed her that she is never getting another subaru again as a condition of our marriage.

So of all the new vehicles she wants...her #1 pick is a new 4 door bronco....which hey, sounds good to me. In fact, I will take great pleasure in getting a new bronco and using it to run over her old subaru repeatedly

However, since they are not going to be available for a while....I have been looking at other trucks....And she BEGS me to buy them...That ford b100, she was YELLING at me to bid on....Yesterday, she wants me to bid on this one...which I do kinda love.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
DO IT!

what kind of response did you expect from posting here?

its awesome that your wife wants a car thats cool, my wife wants a freaking luxury suv that will fall apart in 5 years (if im lucky) to replace her car which is falling apart

kdebello

So I have started the search for something to replace my wifes 2009 outback.....my wife has had essentially the exact same green outback since the year 2000....(one 2001, then a 2009)....To say im just so fucking sick and tired of fixing shit box subaru problems is a massive understatement. I think I can best sum up Subarus......they always run, they are cheap and easy to repair.....but they are always in some state of broken. Anyway, so I have informed her that she is never getting another subaru again as a condition of our marriage.

So of all the new vehicles she wants...her #1 pick is a new 4 door bronco....which hey, sounds good to me. In fact, I will take great pleasure in getting a new bronco and using it to run over her old subaru repeatedly

However, since they are not going to be available for a while....I have been looking at other trucks....And she BEGS me to buy them...That ford b100, she was YELLING at me to bid on....Yesterday, she wants me to bid on this one...which I do kinda love.

I had a 71 Blazer and always wanted a Suburban of the same generation. I wonder what's hiding under that paint though. That's not just a paint crack on the quarter, that's some thick body work under there.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had a 71 Blazer and always wanted a Suburban of the same generation. I wonder what's hiding under that paint though. That's not just a paint crack on the quarter, that's some thick body work under there.
Ya I gave this a quick once over and I just love old broncos, blazers and suburbans....but I could never see myself buying something like this sight unseen...the mustang taught me too much about what lies beneath. And a paint crack like that is usually pretty telling...But i love the year and style of that suburban

Reactions: don

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That suburban is sick. Bonus points for being from Charleston, SC.

I love that generation. My uncle had a ‘71 k5 Blazer that was so much fun in the mud.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.

That's awesome. Just expect 11 mpg on that thing.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
ill probably end up getting an old pickup in time...but the outback only gets 19mpg so its not like its that much worse lol
I just purchased an old one owner yukon xl. Got it for a good price and it runs great. Even at 12 mpg.

Reactions: don

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now this is a sweet cobra kit

570hp alloy 427 (which is lighter than a 289 by about 50lbs), 5 speed, custom IRS...that has to be a wild ride

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now this is a sweet cobra kit

570hp alloy 427 (which is lighter than a 289 by about 50lbs), 5 speed, custom IRS...that has to be a wild ride

What's the low end $ for Cobra kits?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's the low end $ for Cobra kits?
I believe factory fives are about the cheapest or close to it to buy knew....Cobra kits have been around since the 80s now and there are ALOT of them out there built already. Not too hard to find a decent one in the $40,000 range used.

Top Bottom