Bring a Trailer - OMFG or On Topic

I was about to say that the offset license plate is acceptable on that Cobra.

But then realized it's not. That car should not have a license plate in the front.

Also, did they use a bathroom fan for the radiator fan?

How are they able to title it as a 1967 when it was built in 2003? It’s not a continuation Cobra with a CSX serial number or anything, it’s clearly sold as a kit car.
I agree that front plate has to go, plus the dumb little stripes on the left front fender.

How are they able to title it as a 1967 when it was built in 2003? It’s not a continuation Cobra with a CSX serial number or anything, it’s clearly sold as a kit car.
I agree that front plate has to go, plus the dumb little stripes on the left front fender.
I believe it has to do with the engine. Kit cars can be titled based on the engine (block?) vintage. You can build a period correct kit car and have emissions and title based on the engine year.

Missed this the first time. There used to be a play where you could send the MSO to a place in Georgia, which would title it as a '67, then 'sell' it back to you, usually with a very low valuation so you could skip out on taxes. Now you have a titled 1967 Ford Cobra. It was still possible when I registered my Factory Five in '03 but it smelled a little too fraud-y to me so I went the fully legal route, which wasn't too hard in NJ. It just required that you have the correct emissions controls for the year of the engine you use and a trip to a special inspection station to confirm road worthiness.

Pat should get this for the Queen.

an old SL came up and went for a little over $250,000....
a '64 vette w/o matching numbers, questionable paint, and needs some work is up there.
grrr!

Out of curiosity, I looked at some MG TF's and the price range was reasonable (20-25K). If you are going to buy a classic that will need constant attention, maybe go that route.
Does the Queen know about double clutching a non-sync trans?

Out of curiosity, I looked at some MG TF's and the price range was reasonable (20-25K). If you are going to buy a classic that will need constant attention, maybe go that route.
Does the Queen know about double clutching a non-sync trans?

she can do that !

i went to check out the NSX posting wow what a nice car but that price is crazy.

then i saw this posted:

nice example but if I recall there was also a very much sought after limited twin turbo version of this car too. I used to have one of these in my Gran Turismo garage back in the days I was hooked on Playstation when it first came out (aging myself i guess).

I want want want this beauty. Buick lost its way beginning in the malaise era, but man could they make sweet rides before that!

A friend in high school had one. He bought it from an elderly lady in Berkeley Heights, on Mountain Ave near Bell labs. Was a muncie 4-speed, bucket seats hardtop. Super clean, 60 or 80K. I was there when he gave her $600.00. It was just a 10yr old car back then. Sadly it did not last to the end of high school, he wrapped that sucker around a tree. He's lucky to be alive.

Just a little fix er upper.

Comments are gold. It really is a little baffling though...separated from its chassis in 2014 and then cut into pieces? How did that ever make sense?

I believe it has to do with the engine. Kit cars can be titled based on the engine (block?) vintage. You can build a period correct kit car and have emissions and title based on the engine year.

My brother had a Superformance Cobra with a Roush 427, which I believe was titled as a '65 (in Arizona) even though it was built in 2008. But I'll check on that. What a beast that thing was! Around 600hp in an 2500lb car.

I, too am addicted to BaT (PCarMarket as well). I have been looking for a G-body 911 for some time.

Back
Top Bottom