Black Bears

l_85949efa876705f4124777c22e6e85b7.jpg

bears aint got sh^t on me. hahah. "bears, beets, battlestar galactica"

ran into another lonely black bear today on lookout trail at waway. the bear was in the middle of the trail. he didn't move - just stared at me. i dismounted and slowly backed away until he was out of sight.

i've counted 4 bear encounters since the start of july.

I've only had one encounter this summer on the rail trail in Cranberry Lake, he had an injured front right paw and was limping, but he was big! around 600 pounds, i yelled and then backed out. But i live in Cranberry lake and they do like to hang out on my porch too. lol

They're everywhere... Ran into a mom and 2 big cubs yesterday in ringwood right at the sandpit going up to blueberry. They stopped and starred at me and I went around them and kept on my merry way.

I'm offically off the hook for bad jokes. What....you didn't think I would see this! And what are you doing posting in North Jersey anyway?:hmmm:

I'm offically off the hook for bad jokes. What....you didn't think I would see this! And what are you doing posting in North Jersey anyway?:hmmm:

Just wanted to make sure that they were indeed seeing bears and not the infamous 6MR Yeti......and c'mon...zoo...cheetahs.......thats funny! I dont care who you are thats just funny!

Just wanted to make sure that they were indeed seeing bears and not the infamous 6MR Yeti......and c'mon...zoo...cheetahs.......thats funny! I dont care who you are thats just funny!

nah man... that $hits funny

Bear and Cub

FYI: Saw a bear and cub at 7:30 AM this morning when I was riding down a fire road towards Lake Aeroflex. I saw it running across the fire road and back into the woods. As I kept going down the trail looking in the direction it ran I saw it standing on it's hind legs with a cub by it's feet about 15-20 yards from me. Away I kept going and told some trail runners I saw a little bit down about the horrible man eating bear lurking in the wood... ;)

Hmmm...wonder if this is the momma we saw 2 weeks ago - no cub...just hanging out on the red trail between 206 and Aeroflex.

FYI: Saw a bear and cub at 7:30 AM this morning when I was riding down a fire road towards Lake Aeroflex. I saw it running across the fire road and back into the woods. As I kept going down the trail looking in the direction it ran I saw it standing on it's hind legs with a cub by it's feet about 15-20 yards from me. Away I kept going and told some trail runners I saw a little bit down about the horrible man eating bear lurking in the wood... ;)

Hmmm...wonder if this is the momma we saw 2 weeks ago - no cub...just hanging out on the red trail between 206 and Aeroflex.

I doubt the mother bear would have left the cub alone so it means more bears in the park. I was worried about turning a corner and running smack into the bear. I avoided all the single track in the southern half of the park because of that. Nearly had that happen to me this morning with a deer on another fire road.

Back
Top Bottom