BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

2/7
2:30=2.5pts
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/UEX3WnbHIdb
Should have checked the temp when I started for the boni but was so excited to get a real ride in I didn't care
You all need to take tomorrow off or Wed Thurs and come ride here conditions fantastic no sleds out there today(sleds is the new term for snowmobiles I learned recently) I was the only person out there and it was fantastic

from the pipeline , @JimN was able to get up the rock waterfall (maybe 6 tries) and around the corner onto the last big boulder (1 try). very cool.
coming into it the other way would be really tough - the roll-off is sketchy. there were some kids just hanging out on top, then suddenly a bike was there.
they were a little freaked!

Jim's track from yesterday looks weird - some sort of hiker go around before the first "wedge" to get through
@rick81721 is first on that segment - but i think he ran it, and marked it as biked....

@Soundguy's adventure - i can't find the animated gif -

Did I just see the front wheel roll backward? I think I did.

2/8
1:59
https://strava.app.link/TNCopapMIdb
1612827329504.png

Snow conditions at the Tourne are getting pretty fucking good.

2/8
2:26 = 1.5 points
No Bonus
More bike path amateurs. My favorite today was 3 joggers running side by side and would not move over as I was riding towards them. Maybe they think I can hop over the 3 foot snowbank on either side of the trail? Can hardly wait to be able to mountain bike again(maybe Tourne this weekend).
https://strava.app.link/0eI2AimQIdb
1612830627765.png
https://strava.app.link/f3j1l23PIdb
1612830588285.png

Last edited:
2/8
2:26 = 1.5 points
No Bonus
More bike path amateurs. My favorite today was 3 joggers running side by side and would not move over as I was riding towards them. Maybe they think I can hop over the 3 foot snowbank on either side of the trail? Can hardly wait to be able to mountain bike again(maybe Tourne this weekend).
https://strava.app.link/0eI2AimQIdbView attachment 151393https://strava.app.link/f3j1l23PIdbView attachment 151392
Just zip tie one of these to your handlebars. They should move then.
1612832030819.png

My favorite today was 3 joggers running side by side and would not move over as I was riding towards them. Maybe they think I can hop over the 3 foot snowbank on either side of the trail? Can hardly wait to be able to mountain bike again(maybe Tourne this weekend).

The D&R towpath is the same way all the time. 4 abreast sometimes. Sure I'll ride into the canal or the lake to get by.

2/9
1:56 plus dark = 3
One Eyed Willy
Hit up the crappy local trails to change things up. Great conditions, hell, epic for this place, but I can’t make it an hour in there looping around.
saw this guy there:
580DF87B-BD9F-4525-A624-0824E30C4BD6.jpeg

been enjoying the snowmen people every where and in kinda odd places. I think the next bonus just dawned on me..
2E8F48FC-8FC2-41E0-89B2-04ADD45E24FB.jpeg

More bike path amateurs. My favorite today was 3 joggers running side by side and would not move over as I was riding towards them. Maybe they think I can hop over the 3 foot snowbank on either side of the trail? Can hardly wait to be able
you just gotta stay your ground. I have determined that runners cannot see cyclists. That will change if you run the f into them.

you just gotta stay your ground. I have determined that runners cannot see cyclists. That will change if you run the f into them.
The issue the past year is many trail systems are overcrowded. While I am always understanding as everyone should stay active, just gets tiring when pedestrians act as if bikes should not be on the trails. And another thing, what’s with people walking their dogs on a shared trail with a 20 foot leash that acts as a tripping wire for all. And what about pedestrians or other bikers that you try to ride past that can’t hear you as they are wearing AirPods and are blasting the music and can’t hear anything else or have any apparent sense of their surroundings. Well, glad I got that off my chest😂. And that’s what really grinds my gears, Tom?
25CC510A-06AF-4333-A601-CF514BD7304F.png

Last edited:
And another thing, what’s with people walking their dogs on a shared trail with a 20 foot leash that acts as a tripping wire for all. And what about pedestrians or other bikers that you try to ride past that can’t hear you as they are wearing AirPods and are blasting the music and can’t hear anything else or have any apparent sense of their surroundings. Well, glad I got that off my chest😂. And that’s what really grinds my gears, Tom?

Whenever I head east, I have to ride about 1.5 miles of community multi-modal paths and run into the above regularly. Doesn't help that some of these geezers couldn't hear me yell "ON YOUR LEFT!" even without any earbuds or headphones. Tho it is kinda fun to see them jump out of their skin when I zip by!

And the other obstacle is GRSBs (geezers riding shit bikes) - they tend to wander left and right and will also be wearing earbuds

2/9

1 point

rode out to the RR tracks to check out the entrance to East of Edith...it's going to take a lot of work to get that section of the edison woods rideable...but then again, what the hell else have i got to do? @Tim i've seen some folks on here riding snow with their 29ers and 27+...maybe if we get things stomped down enough, we can get you off the road and back into the woods!

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 11.22.47 AM.png

2/9

1 point

rode out to the RR tracks to check out the entrance to East of Edith...it's going to take a lot of work to get that section of the edison woods rideable...but then again, what the hell else have i got to do? @Tim i've seen some folks on here riding snow with their 29ers and 27+...maybe if we get things stomped down enough, we can get you off the road and back into the woods!

View attachment 151432

I was very tempted to dip into Tingley Woods this morning when I rode past it but I didn't want to ruin your hard work with my skinny tires. I guess in the early morning with sub-freezing temps has the least potential for creating a mess?

Back
Top Bottom