BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

2/9

1:44

1.5pts

https://www.strava.com/activities/4760859450

South wind today so cruised down Manasota key. Pretty foggy in spots

20210209_112425.jpg

On the way back, had a @Victor I moment. On the sidewalk leading up to a Walmart (I have to ride thru the Walmart parking lot, that is always an adventure) I see two ladies approaching on bikes, side by side, taking up the whole sidewalk. As I get closer, they appear to be clueless so I start to yell "SINGLE FILE!". Instead of rectifying the situation, they panic. I zipped between them fortunately without incident.

I was very tempted to dip into Tingley Woods this morning when I rode past it but I didn't want to ruin your hard work with my skinny tires. I guess in the early morning with sub-freezing temps has the least potential for creating a mess?

Usually, before you can do any significant damage to the snow surface, you will get frustrated, turn around and walk your 29'er out of the woods, so minimal risk of damage. 💋

Usually, before you can do any significant damage to the snow surface, you will get frustrated, turn around and walk your 29'er out of the woods, so minimal risk of damage. 💋
this!

and also, with some warm-ish temps today and a little bit of precip, followed by a freeze overnight into tomorrow AM, things could be worth a skinny shot tomorrow!

I was very tempted to dip into Tingley Woods this morning when I rode past it but I didn't want to ruin your hard work with my skinny tires. I guess in the early morning with sub-freezing temps has the least potential for creating a mess?
Haha, I think the only key thing here is that you know who did the work. But otherwise thieves have no code.

2/10
2:16 + dark = 3 points

Been riding Tingley at 5 psi as that's the lowest I'll comfortably go on the road ride to there.
View attachment 151484

Finally picked up a pump. What a YUGE difference at 1 psi! Takes 80 pumps to get back to 7 psi.
View attachment 151485
nice pump! and yes, riding ~1psi makes all the difference! 80 pumps is not too bad...that's like less than 2 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom