BiknBen does Kingdom Trails, VT...

Cool video, Ben.

Thanks.

I assume the climbing was OK with your "local" gearing?

Great thread Ben, very informative! I was hoping to make it up there this year, but it looks like will have to wait until next.

I was up at my parents place in North Conway NH and was going to make the hour and a half car ride to Kingdom Trails on Sunday. I woke up to a downpoor and did not get the ride in. I ended up riding the trails around North Conwway on Monday instead. Glad you got Kingdom in. I will make another attempt over Labor Day.

trail map attached. Click on the link to view. Right-click and hit Save Target As... to copy it and open on your computer so you can zoom in more closely.

The entire right hand side has been closed most of the season. There is still plenty of riding.

Attachments

• Kingdom Trails.JPG
    Kingdom Trails.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 200
Must Ride trails:
1. Sidewinder - This trail was really interesting. Imagine a half-pipe at a ski resort. Now make it out of dirt and put trees in it. :confused: The trail goes back and forth while going down through a valley. Each dip is pretty steep and about 30+ feet of drop. At the low points you are feeling a decent amount of compression and you can coast up to the next high point. The last drop has the option to get some air.

CIMG6362Small.jpg

CIMG6364Small.jpg

2. Kitchel - They finished some major earth moving on Friday. They added 4-5 huge berms and two jumps.

CIMG6371Small.jpg

CIMG6372Small.jpg

3. Tap-N-Die - I forget the specifics but remember it being cool and flowy.

4. Tody's Tour - From right to left on the map is all downhill. Super flowy trail. Some features similar to Sidewinder.

5. Old Webb's - This trails starts and ends at the same place. I did it clockwise and thought it was cool. Nice switchback climb and then a nice twisting flow back down to the beginning.

6. Pastore's Point Loop. Challenging and rooty but fun. A nice river overlook worth stopping for.

CIMG6358Small.jpg

7. Ride Ridge Clock-wise and continue on Rim. That combo will create one of the longest descents in that area of the park.

8. Herb's is fun, fast, and flowy.

9. Riverwood and Leatherwood are near one another and are long twisty singletrack trails.

Last edited:
Here are some tracks. It helps to get the right direction on the trails. Climb up the switchbacks and rail down the fun stuff.

Attachments

• kt1_09.gpx
    40.9 KB · Views: 134
  • kt2_09.gpx
    44.5 KB · Views: 222
Ben forgot to mention the "oreo" cows ;) WTF!!! never seen anything like this, Mexican cows are all skinny and we can't get them that "uniform" :rolleyes:

805sized.jpg

Greetings from Kingdom Trails

EVERYTHING that BikenBen said!!! All is amazing!!

Attachments

• P1040134.JPG
    P1040134.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 230
Kingdom Trails

Heading up Labor Day - Haro Mary XC or Specialized Enduro? I can only fit 1 bike. The pictures look perfect for a 29er. I've never been up there though.

Back
Top Bottom