Biggest loser

E2M program Round 1, Week 3, Day 6 (Sat.) and Dry January.

Diet
Intermittent fasting is pretty much a routine now. 16/8 has been working: 16hrs of fasting and 8hr eating window from 10:30am-6:30p. Week 3 was same as Week 1, no sugar, dairy or starches. Just protein, veggies and healthy fats. No alcohol either, except (2) allowed with celebration (cheat) meal. Urge to go get a beer at Tonewood Brewing's grand opening yesterday was minimal since a line was out the door and around the block all day with 275 max. capacity. Pretty crazy that drinking at least a gallon (8.3453lbs) of H20 a day helps with losing weight. Celebration meal last night was a roast pork Italiano with some FF, followed by a P.B. cup cupcake. Fruit will be back in Week 4.

Exercise
Did much better this week. Up M-F at 4:30am to get the workouts in. M/W/F was 20min spin bike warm-up followed by 35min of circuits from the plan. T/Th was 1hr+ on the spin bike using a training plan from Time Crunched Cyclist which I've used successfully in the past. Need to work on my morning routine to get moving quicker and add in the abs and stretching workout on T/Th. Week #4 workouts will be modified for my thumb, 4 week post stitches visit with the Dr. on Wed.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235
1/22/22 Current weight = 218
weekly down 4, total = 17
Measurements mostly no change, 1" for the chest, but that could be a difference of my wife helping vs. me doing it myself. Down to the last hole in my belt, so that's a good sign. Based on the scale, I've already achieved my 8wk goal of 16lbs. Talk on the FB group, looks like week 5 is when many drop significantly again. Staying the course and have adjusted my goal to 30lbs which would put me at 205lb, my weight when I graduated college in 1990.

Wife was back from FL vacation and adjusting back to the NJ climate, down 1lb for the week and total of 8lbs.
E2M program Round 1, Week 4, Day 6 (Sat.) and Dry January

Diet
Stuck to the food and water routine perfectly. Citrus at each meal was allowed this week. Kinda tired of eating an orange at each meal. Week 5 has some changes with the approved vegetables. Only green veggies this week. Going to miss what was taken away. Still no dairy, sugar or starches. Celebration meal was a proper snow day breakfast this morning and broke many of the rules. Bread, butter, syrup, pork, and creamer in the coffee. Haven't had any of that since starting. https://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/what-are-you-cooking-right-now.38426/post-1118678

Exercise
Didn't ride the trainer this morning because planning to spend some time digging out after the snow. 4 days of exercise this week so far. Saw hand surgeon on Wed and gave me full approval to start doing things within reason, as pain and mobility allow, which isn't much right now. He said riding is permitted, just don't fall off a mountain.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight =235
1/29/22 Current weight = 215
Diff: weekly down 3, total lost = 20
Measurements stayed the same as my left arm has increased since the splint is off and using it more. Chest down an inch?. Clothes fitting a little big.

Wife wasn't feeling 100% last week, stuck to meal plan and no exercise, down 2lbs for the week and total of 10lbs. The friend who is on Round 3 of this plan sent me a picture from Oct '21 during Round 2 and a current pic. He looks worse than what you will see below and now has a 2 pack. He's down 50 since starting in Aug '21.

From some comments earlier in the week from @cassinonorth and @iman29, I was reluctant to post this, but for entertainment purposes only.
Thanks, yeah that's exactly the headspace where I'm trying to get to this morning. And I've been down this road before...I very well know losing weight is anything but a perfectly straight line.

Fun fact, I used to be 247 lbs!
I can relate. I used to be 280 lbs!
Hold my beer...
This picture was from 2005 in Punta Cana, D.R. during a friend's destination wedding. 36 y/o and at around 260-270lbs, from lifting weights while not G.A.F. what I ate or drank. Wasn't long after this I got my shit together, bought a more modern mtb than what I currently had, which was a '93 Spec Rockhopper, and started riding more. Anyone on here that I've met in person or have seen social media pics of me, know that I'm a Clyde, but not that big in a long time. From current pics, I can see many changes and planning to continue.
DR 2005 edit.jpg

Last edited:
E2M program Round 1, Week 4, Day 6 (Sat.) and Dry January

Diet
Stuck to the food and water routine perfectly. Citrus at each meal was allowed this week. Kinda tired of eating an orange at each meal. Week 5 has some changes with the approved vegetables. Only green veggies this week. Going to miss what was taken away. Still no dairy, sugar or starches. Celebration meal was a proper snow day breakfast this morning and broke many of the rules. Bread, butter, syrup, pork, and creamer in the coffee. Haven't had any of that since starting. https://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/what-are-you-cooking-right-now.38426/post-1118678

Exercise
Didn't ride the trainer this morning because planning to spend some time digging out after the snow. 4 days of exercise this week so far. Saw hand surgeon on Wed and gave me full approval to start doing things within reason, as pain and mobility allow, which isn't much right now. He said riding is permitted, just don't fall off a mountain.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight =235
1/29/22 Current weight = 215
Diff: weekly down 3, total lost = 20
Measurements stayed the same as my left arm has increased since the splint is off and using it more. Chest down an inch?. Clothes fitting a little big.

Wife wasn't feeling 100% last week, stuck to meal plan and no exercise, down 2lbs for the week and total of 10lbs. The friend who is on Round 3 of this plan sent me a picture from Oct '21 during Round 2 and a current pic. He looks worse than what you will see below and now has a 2 pack. He's down 50 since starting in Aug '21.

From some comments earlier in the week from @cassinonorth and @iman29, I was reluctant to post this, but for entertainment purposes only.

This picture was from 2005 in Punta Cana, D.R. during a friend's destination wedding. 36 y/o and at around 260-270lbs, from lifting weights while not G.A.F. what I ate or drank. Wasn't long after this I got my shit together, bought a more modern mtb than what I currently had, which was a '93 Spec Rockhopper, and started riding more. Anyone on here that I've met in person or have seen social media pics of me, know that I'm a Clyde, but not that big in a long time. From current pics, I can see many changes and planning to continue.
View attachment 177450
Wow great work 20lbs in 3 weeks!

Start: 192.7
Week 1: 184.5
Week 2: 184.5
Week 3: 186.7
Week 4: 184.3

After week 1 I went off the deep end. Didn't even bother weighing in last week because I knew I was up. Ate crap and didn't exercise for two weeks. Started back up in week 4, got in 3 or 4 trainer rides and 2 runs, and put more effort into food choices.

This has been my theme for the past year, get a week of motivation followed up with complete failure for an extended time.

Maybe I'll take the fat bike out for a cruise around town tonight. Gotta go charge the light.

Moving forward, I'll be trying to keep my diet clean. Avoid processed foods and sweets. And still aiming to get an hour of exercise per day, most days.

You bodybuilding now with those isolation exercises? Poor legs just dangling getting no work😂😂
Oh man those days are long behind me. I’ll see if I can whip up a pic of me when I was 230 with 9% BF. Right now I’m sticking with a strength building phase. Mainly because of my back, which I broke 4 months ago. I’m still limited in what I can do. I’m itching to get back to plyo and more intense leg work. Hopefully that’s when I’ll start dropping weight pretty quickly too.

Last edited:
1/30:
192lb
-2lb this week
-13lb since 12/29

Still trending correctly. Couple late night snacks could have been skipped this week, I had a few drinx as well. Activity level remains high. Hydration level remains high. Snow shoveling helped remind me how much more strength training I should be doing. Small steps….

Maybe break in to the 180s next month. That’d be swell.

1/1 was 197, today was 195. Not where I wanted but at least it's in the right direction. I also did this today and except for some saddle discomfort it felt pretty good. I had to focus more towards the end so I know it's about where I need to be right now.
Screenshot_20220131-174830_TrainerRoad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom