Biggest loser

xc62701

How is your power on the bike sustaining during this time of focused weight loss? Is they something you watch?
Energy in general has been going up and when I'm on the bike I don't feel like I've lost any power. I feel like I'm riding and climbing pretty well. I do not really measure with power data but just going by feel, I feel pretty good. I can definitely feel the weight loss when going uphill.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I was all set to go to the gym but my wife tested positive for Covid yesterday so I had to go to Shoprite, then walk the dog, then pick up salt from HD. Now I’ve run out of time. I have a zoom meeting in 45 mins then off to my son’s wrestling match.

So I’m having Italian wedding soup instead. Just soup. I swear.

7A886841-A0A1-4846-9BF4-7DD50956E1D9.jpeg

iman29

I lost 40 pounds when I got into mountain biking, and I had to buy all new clothes. I threw away most of my old clothes, but I kept once box of stuff and put it in the attic. I labeled it "Jim's fat clothes" or something like that, and just the knowledge that it's up there and that I never want to open it again motivates me sometimes :p
I saved one pair of pants from when I was ginormous in the back of the closet for the same reminder of what I don't want to be. I am pretty sure all these years later I can put my entire body just into one side of them.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saved one pair of pants from when I was ginormous in the back of the closet for the same reminder of what I don't want to be. I am pretty sure all these years later I can put my entire body just into one side of them.

Lol, I put on an old pair of pants when I was going through all my old clothes. I showed my wife and she couldn't believe it. Have you ever held an equivalent amount of weight to what you lost before? I picked up a 40 pound weight one time and it blew my mind.

iman29

Lol, I put on an old pair of pants when I was going through all my old clothes. I showed my wife and she couldn't believe it. Have you ever held an equivalent amount of weight to what you lost before? I picked up a 40 pound weight one time and it blew my mind.
yeah with my skinny road cyclist arms i probably would need help lifting that amount these days...:p

jklett

Ramp test. Not back to where I was prior to getting sick(which was way down from my peak before all this pandemic stuff) but I'm not disappointed all things considered. What it shows me is that I can indeed push on and get back into the swing of things with training. Today put my TR FTP at 170, my new goal is to crack 200 by late spring/early summer.
Screenshot_20220128-152058_TrainerRoad.jpg

BTW, I'm still going to try for the weight loss by watching what and how much I eat but my main focus is on getting my fitness back and hopefully the weight will follow. Stay tuned.

serviceguy

I lost 40 pounds when I got into mountain biking, and I had to buy all new clothes. I threw away most of my old clothes, but I kept once box of stuff and put it in the attic. I labeled it "Jim's fat clothes" or something like that, and just the knowledge that it's up there and that I never want to open it again motivates me sometimes :p
I was in the mid 240lbs at some point and had to move to a size 40, Now I have my stash of ginormous pants in a plastic container somewhere, my motivation is slightly different, I'm more of 'just in case' type of guy...

iman29

Ramp test. Not back to where I was prior to getting sick(which was way down from my peak before all this pandemic stuff) but I'm not disappointed all things considered. What it shows me is that I can indeed push on and get back into the swing of things with training. Today put my TR FTP at 170, my new goal is to crack 200 by late spring/early summer.
View attachment 177376

BTW, I'm still going to try for the weight loss by watching what and how much I eat but my main focus is on getting my fitness back and hopefully the weight will follow. Stay tuned.
This is a good plan 👍🏻

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
4 Week Progress Report

Start: 208.3
Current: 196.7
diff: 11.6
Goal: 172

Broke through the -10 pound four-week goal right on cue. Had a larger than normal meal last night, or I might have done a tick or two better!
That's ok - did an FTP test, but I forgot to do a spin-down test first, and the trainer wasn't set to erg mode for the warm-up (cause i clicked the button) and I didn't know
I could set it back before the test. Throw that in with it thinking my ftp was 50w higher than it is, and the warm-up almost killed me.
So i'll re-do that next week. Also chose to do it after snowboarding the previous day....

Anyway - couple of trainer days, a couple of TM hikes, and a snowboard day since last weigh-in. Felt really good to "move"

Still cranking on dry January - reduced carbs, and eating breakfast so i'm not starving by lunch. Added a salad with dinner this week,
with reduced fat dressing. Very filling.

Going to bed a bit earlier - cause I'm tired from the exercise!

Did some BP tracking over the last couple weeks too. It has come down significantly. from 145/95 -> 125/85.
Dr is going to be happy about that in July or so.

Expecting to transition into the -1lb/wk mode soon. It is a marathon, not a sprint, for me.

1643464353074.png

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
It's time for @a.s. 's favorite weekly recap!

Starting Weight: 200.2 lbs, Goal Weight: 175 lbs Current Weight: 189.6 lbs (-10.6 lbs)

View attachment 177423

So only 0.8 lbs lost WoW which is definitely slower than I want. May be time to cut back to 2100 calories and see how that goes. I only exceeded my calories once which was a double workout day.

View attachment 177425

And finally training plan which once again is mostly green (skipped out on the bike after getting home from snowboarding for 5 hours in Vermont Sunday).

View attachment 177424

Next Saturday is the 2nd set of progress pictures which will really tell the story. I lifted 13x in January which is probably the amount combined I've done since I started cycling back in 2016 so hoping the body composition is changed beyond just losing 10 lbs. If I end up at 180lbs at the end of this but stronger that would still be a huge win.
All good. I’m chilling here reading the news…
BB72AFEA-CE1D-4963-99D2-9F9BB99D5833.jpeg

Fat Trout

Beer mostly. 1 can of Heady is ~320 calories. Probably went through a case a week of similar beers back then. That's ~2 lbs worth of calories.
After my last report in I bounced up a little in weight so now I'm paying more attention again. On the way home from work I drove into the liquor store parking lot to buy my usual 24oz goose island IPA can. I remembered this post. I googled the calories in a 24oz can. 412. DAMN. I didn't buy it, went home, rode the trainer and ate a salad. No beer :(

Not sure if I should thank you or be mad. You made me think though.

Top Bottom