Biggest loser

I only give it one shot. You can also try an Obi-Wan Jedi force-hold on the scale before stepping on ;)

Speaking of Obi-wan. I'm finding Jedi mind tricks are needed to avoid eating certain things.

1642535566363.png

The average digital scale today should read within 2lb, all three readings in a row. If not, your scale’s bad or you doing it wrong. Hard flat surfaces most repeatable.

The scale did not agree with me this morning. Calorie intake was exactly where I wanted it to be and I didn't ride yesterday, but I climbed instead. I swear my body needs cardio to keep the furnace going. I've been waiting for a plateau or some gains, so I'll just stick to what I've been doing and the weight will hopefully keep trending downward.

I think I’m back to the point where I can increase the cardio intensity. Got a good hour spin on zwift yesterday and did some 5 minute step up efforts to get the HR going into the higher zones and I didn’t have any issues breathing or coughing. Between the icy spots on the road and the really cold temps I will stay indoors for now so I don’t risk messing up my progress.

I also seem to need cardio to keep from gaining weight so actually looking forward to some speed rope and body weight sessions to add to the off the bike days.

I’m only weighing in once a week but yesterday I had beer and pizza so I didn’t want to weigh in anyway.

614FD92F-DD58-4D5B-A023-AD3E4DBFA08C.jpeg

It is amazing how quicky males can lose weight!!

I have not had any alcohol, sugar, grains or dairy since I started Jan 8, and I have lost ~1lb which is essentially a usual deviation if I weigh myself randomly without trying. I’ve been working out for at least 30 mins every day, including both cardio and strength. My body composition has shifted slightly with more muscle and less fat (2%) so that’s good at least. Will keep on keeping on!!

I have not had any alcohol, sugar, grains or dairy since I started Jan 8, and I have lost ~1lb which is essentially a usual deviation if I weigh myself randomly without trying. I’ve been working out for at least 30 mins every day, including both cardio and strength. My body composition has shifted slightly with more muscle and less fat (2%) so that’s good at least. Will keep on keeping on!!
Males lose quicker because genetically we have more muscle mass. This results in more energy expenditure, especially at rest. I'm sure you know most of this but based on what you stated (30 mins workouts), I'm assuming you are not lifting heavy enough. You may see better weight loss results simply by changing up your routine to incorporate heavier weights.

I hear ya sister...same same. I wish I did measurements before/after...

Had this discussion with my wife recently. And since we often exercise together, we were both commenting at the calories-consumed female/male difference for the exact same activity!

Males lose quicker because genetically we have more muscle mass. This results in more energy expenditure, especially at rest. I'm sure you know most of this but based on what you stated (30 mins workouts), I'm assuming you are not lifting heavy enough. You may see better weight loss results simply by changing up your routine to incorporate heavier weights.
Yes - I am doing CrossFit and working with a personal trainer. Monday I did 65lb snatches (which is a lot for me) and yesterday 150lb deadlifts. I do have to be careful as I have lower back issues but yes you are correct I need to be focusing on building muscle (which may actually contribute to no weight loss, but I should lose fat *I hope*)

Back
Top Bottom