Biggest crash in stock market history?

just to keep the rich, white man’s money worth something

I'm willing to bet that non-rich, non-white people also want their money to be worth something.

Well, I was wrong.

That's ok, everyone is wrong when they try and predict the stock market, except for the times they happen to be right. We just like busting your balls.

For shorting I do naked puts either when the 9ema crosses down through the 26ema.

You sell naked puts when the market is trending down? Isn't that super risky?

I'm willing to bet that non-rich, non-white people also want their money to be worth something.

That's ok, everyone is wrong when they try and predict the stock market, except for the times they happen to be right. “We just like busting your balls.”

This I know 😁

You sell naked puts when the market is trending down? Isn't that super risky?
I buy naked puts. Yes, risky.

I buy naked puts.

Buying puts makes more sense based on what you said, but you confused me by referring to them as naked. I don't think referring to an option as naked makes any sense if you are buying, only selling.

Yes, risky.

I guess buying puts is risky, but the risk is totally defined. Selling puts is much riskier, especially if you are selling them without the cash to back it up. I've sold puts a few times, but always cash secured, and only stocks I wouldn't mind holding.

@Bike N Gear I never left dude! I just pulled out some of my more risky positions.

I average up or down. I increased my DKNG and RDFN positions last week and held my breath. I'm long those. They are market disrupters and leading into a new territory.

Hmmm...the fed may hike rates in January 22. Let the bear market begin...seriously, this needs to happen. Too much easy money out there.

Wait what - now the grand finale crash is put off to 2022??
Who knows. All I know is I would hate to be fully invested right now. The dollar is ready to take out it’s previous high from february. Let’s see what happens when J$$$ speaks at 2:30. Stonks only go up yo. If the UUP stays at or below $24.67 this may be the bottom for now.

Stonks only go up yo.
But this is true for the most part (long term)
Personally, I see no reason for the market to drop. Sentiment is high, improving covid news (depending how you look at it), stimulus, companies topping revenues but yea we may or may not be due for a correction but I think it's just the funds, banks, media pulling strings right now. Tech selloff scares. Counterpoint, tech stocks have always outperformed! I see no reason why that would change.

The market shouldn't have come back as strong and fast as it did within the past year but it DID! especially the first 3-6 months it shoulda been stuck in the low but the market isn't about the NOW it's about the future.

Last Thursday was also the big drop. Came back and now dropped again. Third time will be shame on me ha

Last edited:
Who knows. All I know is I would hate to be fully invested right now. The dollar is ready to take out it’s previous high from february. Let’s see what happens when J$$$ speaks at 2:30. Stonks only go up yo. If the UUP stays at or below $24.67 this may be the bottom for now.
Problem is you play with your retirement account. My play account is taxable. I need for it to drop more my tax rate to lose. Though some days it looks like that's where it's heading.

But this is true for the most part (long term)
Personally, I see no reason for the market to drop. Sentiment is high, improving covid news (depending how you look at it), stimulus, companies topping revenues but yea we may or may not be due for a correction but I think it's just the funds, bankds, media pulling strings right now. Tech selloff scares.

The market shouldn't have come back as strong and fast as it did within the past year but it DID! especially the first 3-6 months it shoulda been stock in the low but the market isn't about the NOW it's about the future.

Last Thursday was also the big drop. Came back and now dropped again. Third time, shame on me ha
I agree and have changed my long term views. I think we still have a sell off bigger than this this year. With all the positive outlook(Infrastructure bill, stimulus, #covidded etc) you will probably see 10-15% on the S&P by year’s end followed by 2 years+ of extreme growth.

Back
Top Bottom