Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
hmm..i could possible do a morning 6m ride on Saturday. do we have a cap on how many asians in one group ride?

i had fun with the cx bike at 6m :)

thought you were latino. :D

and tall for a latino too......

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Half Chinese delivery boy, have Mexican. Confirmed.

I initially wanted to go with multi-release but I think it was @1sh0t1b33r or @jumpa or both who talked me out of it. I think it had something to do about unintentional release?
This. My multis sometimes released from just hitting a big rock or going over a log. It's no good when your feet slide off the pedal after a trail feature. Lots of nut hits. You can use multis for one road ride to get used to coming to a stop or just to practice the proper technique with ankle out or you'll have a bad time when you try to
pull up with single release cleats.

jumpa

Half Chinese delivery boy, have Mexican. Confirmed

Im not as smart or hardworking unfortunately.

Where is @jimvreeland with the "I thought you where Mexican " post haha

I dunno guys, all the Filipinos I grew up with where my height or taller. It wasn't till college till I met all these shorter Asian guys. I thought I was the standerd height :)

The name "Miguel" does throw alot of people off when they first meet me.

What do I gotta do to get a banner under my username saying "Asian persuasion" @Norm ?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
What can we expect from 6mr after the brief downpours we are supposed to get today?
Ride 6mr tomorrow or fold and go someplace else?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The new board isn't as easy to do the nickname change. You need to add a new category of users. Probably too much trouble for a moderately entertaining joke.

I am free to field username requests. What does @jumpa mean anyway?

qclabrat

Half Chinese delivery boy, have Mexican. Confirmed.

This. My multis sometimes released from just hitting a big rock or going over a log. It's no good when your feet slide off the pedal after a trail feature. Lots of nut hits. You can use multis for one road ride to get used to coming to a stop or just to practice the proper technique with ankle out or you'll have a bad time when you try to
pull up with single release cleats.
so which are the "good" cleats? I can use with M540s?

qclabrat

What can we expect from 6mr after the brief downpours we are supposed to get today?
Ride 6mr tomorrow or fold and go someplace else?
Let's see how much we get, I know clay doesn't soak up quickly, so with the heat should dry up quickly, the rain may actually make it nice and tacky
I have a question out on the conditions thread in case someone disagrees

Actually at the moment, I'm nursing a pinched nerve on my right shoulder blade, think I was working too late last night
My PT is off today so I may need to find a masseuse. If I didn't have to take my kid to camp this morning, I'd be home

Kangdoy

I dunno guys, all the Filipinos I grew up with where my height or taller. It wasn't till college till I met all these shorter Asian guys. I thought I was the standerd height :)

It's tough to be a short Asian dude. I can only date short girls!

qclabrat

my wife is 5'8", tall for an Asian chick, I'm just a tad taller than her
I used to get lots of shit, b/c she couldn't wear hooker heels, I could care less if she's taller than me
My brother's got the better genetics, at about 6 even, also the next generation is getting on par with the west (all my younger cousins are over 6)
soon, no more Asians standing in the front row of school pictures

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Let's see how much we get, I know clay doesn't soak up quickly, so with the heat should dry up quickly, the rain may actually make it nice and tacky
I have a question out on the conditions thread in case someone disagrees

Actually at the moment, I'm nursing a pinched nerve on my right shoulder blade, think I was working too late last night
My PT is off today so I may need to find a masseuse. If I didn't have to take my kid to camp this morning, I'd be home
Get it cracked by a chiro. It will make it feel better for at least the weekend. I have a pinched nerve in the neck/shoulder area as well where my thumb and index finger goes a bit numb if I am slouching or keep a bad posture for a while.

Don't like running too much but I found that it actually helps with my posture.

freshmtb

Im not as smart or hardworking unfortunately.

Where is @jimvreeland with the "I thought you where Mexican " post haha

The name "Miguel" does throw alot of people off when they first meet me.

What do I gotta do to get a banner under my username saying "Asian persuasion" @Norm ?

So are you flipino bro? LOL

freshmtb

my wife is 5'8", tall for an Asian chick, I'm just a tad taller than her
I used to get lots of shit, b/c she couldn't wear hooker heels, I could care less if she's taller than me
My brother's got the better genetics, at about 6 even, also the next generation is getting on par with the west (all my younger cousins are over 6)
soon, no more Asians standing in the front row of school pictures

So is everyone here asian? LOL

Top Bottom