qclabrat

yes, we let strangers put their butts on our extra rides
that's how we roll....

like most here, I have older bikes I don't mind sharing, though depending on size might be v-brakes

Kangdoy

There are also some local Meetup groups:

http://www.meetup.com/njmountainbiking/
http://www.meetup.com/Central-NJ-Mountain-Biking/

The first one has regular beginner rides on Tuesday at the Tourne and Wednesday at Lewis Morris. If your regular spot is Six Mile, then these might be a bit too far north for you though. The second one sees less activity but is focused more on central NJ.

I was a member of the Central NJ Mountain Biking Meetup group. Then they kicked me out..... :-/

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Maybe I will join you at 6MR... is it a bad idea to be on a unfamiliar trail while clipless for the first time?

It's where and how I learned. :)

Since there's no rocks to speak of the landings won't be too bad. If you fall while clipped in, I guarantee it will be when you stop. It happens to everyone.

Go for it.

Walt, bring the camera. ;)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
It's where and how I learned. :)

Since there's no rocks to speak of the landings won't be too bad. If you fall while clipped in, I guarantee it will be when you stop. It happens to everyone.

Go for it.

Walt, bring the camera. ;)
I'll make sure I am right next to Walter and fall in his direction when I have my clipless fail moment/s :)

Kangdoy

what you do bro? I'm bringing my tazer to be safe...:p

If I remember, they posted rides at 6 mile during the week, but it would start at 5PM and I'd still be at work. They posted weekend rides as well at another location, but only the organizer would be confirmed. I like doing group rides with a couple of people. Next thing I know, I get an email early this year saying I was kicked out for not RSVPing to any posted events.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
if you get to come down to one of the Allaire rides let me know I have a large cannondale F7 i can through on the car for you util you get your regular MTB.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I remember, they posted rides at 6 mile during the week, but it would start at 5PM and I'd still be at work. They posted weekend rides as well at another location, but only the organizer would be confirmed. I like doing group rides with a couple of people. Next thing I know, I get an email early this year saying I was kicked out for not RSVPing to any posted events.

Weird. I don't know anything about the central nj meetup, but figured it might be better located for the OP. I guess they only want members that are active in their meetup.

jumpa

hmm..i could possible do a morning 6m ride on Saturday. do we have a cap on how many asians in one group ride?
Hybrids don't really belong on any trail system because of the skinny, almost smooth tires.
i had fun with the cx bike at 6m :)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
hmm..i could possible do a morning 6m ride on Saturday. do we have a cap on how many asians in one group ride?

i had fun with the cx bike at 6m :)
Cool! I would love to create a massive pile up on the trail with my clipless fail. This would be epic!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Cool! I would love to create a massive pile up on the trail with my clipless fail. This would be epic!

Oh Sh!t, now you've gone and done it. Now "The big "S" is gonna send their lawyers to stop you for using the word "Epic".:eek:

Damn, now I used it.... I better get my "Bugout bag" in order.o_O

Chris Nordt

I'm down for a saturday morning ride at 6 Mile, I even have an extra bike I can bring along.. It's a M Gary Fisher, does 8:30 work or does it have to be 8?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I'm down for a saturday morning ride at 6 Mile, I even have an extra bike I can bring along.. It's a M Gary Fisher, does 8:30 work or does it have to be 8?
Can't speak for others but I'm cool with 830. For myself, I'll prolly still shoot for 800 but I have some distance to cover coming from Wayne. You'll find me clipping in and out at the lot.

Chris Nordt

I already had a ride planed at Huber with some friends, I'm trying to get them to change their minds but Huber is closer.. I'll see what I can do though ;-)

Top Bottom