Any Skiiers/Snowboarders Out There?

What is your height, weight and shoe size.

I might have a board you could use.

I'm 5'9" about 155 with a 10.5 or 11 boot. Well, shoes are 10.5/11, I have no idea if boots are sized the same way. Thanks for the offer, thats a mighty kind thing to do for a stranger. How tall are you, if you ride up to a 174 out there?

I'm 5'9" about 155 with a 10.5 or 11 boot. Well, shoes are 10.5/11, I have no idea if boots are sized the same way. Thanks for the offer, thats a mighty kind thing to do for a stranger. How tall are you, if you ride up to a 174 out there?

I would look for at least a 160 if you think you will see snow.

I am 5'-11" and about 200lbs.

I don't ride a 175 much but keep in mind that I once rode a whole season on alpine stuff (hardboots) with board around that size.

I am a big fan of speed. I spent a season a Sugarloaf ME chasing around the fastest guys in the country from CVA.

The smallest board I own is a 163 but it would be useless in any snow since it is a groomer board.

If you can rent a Malolo or Supermodel in a 160ish and a 156 fish (if it dumps) than you will have some fun. (I chose burton since they are everywhere)

The bigger board will provide some stability at speed and some float in the deep stuff.

You don't need super wide unless you run very low angles on your binders.

The first time I went to Utah I brought a Custom 156 and I rode it once. I ended up borrowing a bigger board and I got hooked on the speed and float.

If you can get to an on snow demo, you might try some longer boards.

If you are a park/Rail rat than a 155 is great or ever long.

My goal out there is to find some deep fresh stuff, so we'll see how it goes. I'll keep the advice for a 160 ish board and see if I can borrow one from a taller buddy.

I've tried snow boarding once in Vermont but I'm basically an alpine skier. I've skied in Quebec (Mont Sutton), different mountians in Lake Tahoe, Colorado, Utah, Vermont, Maine, Pa, and skied the Swiss Alps a couple of times. I initially started mountain biking to keep my legs in shape during the summer months for skiing but now I've done a 180 and ski to keep my legs in shape for mountain biking. I use to spend most of my disposible income on skiing and skiing related expenses but now it's the other around.

Stratton saw about 1/2 a foot of sugary snow/ice and then some very strong winds.

This was the 1st time I ever saw the Amex lift close.

Sunbowl was the best bet but nothing worth talking about.

Crap, crap, crap.

I should be going to Utah on wed but I am not... fk fk fk

How was Killington this past weekend?

Saturday: One word, Windhold. Only two lifts were running and lift lines were ridiculous, but decent snow in the woods. Happy Hour started at 2 that day. Run of the Day: Jeopardy

Sunday: Every thing was open and the combination snow/sleet from friday meant there was decent coverage in all of the woods shots. Run of the Day: The Light

Here's hoping the coming thaw doesn't wreak too much havoc.

just saw this

Whiteface Powder Alert!
28" of fresh powder over the last 3 days!

I have been there a few times for MTB but never for Snowboarding, is it good?

I just found out I have to go to Utah next month on business.
icon14.gif

Anyone know how long it takes to get to Snowbird from Salt Lake City?

I just found out I have to go to Utah next month on business.
icon14.gif

Anyone know how long it takes to get to Snowbird from Salt Lake City?

30 min from SLC to Snowbird providing you don't get stuck behind a moron driving slow.

I wonder if the Slides will be open at Whiteface tomorrow. I've never hit them and want to, might be worth the drive past hunter tomorrow, I'll have to check their snow report.

What is it 1990? Yeah, you can make some sweet hip-check noodling turns with them. :D
Like all sports skiing has progressed, unless you're spending a month in AK there's no need for nothing that length. And even if you are, I'd say go for a pair of pontoons at like a 189 max :D

world cup downhill minimum lenght for men 215, do you know why?

I will be buying a new pair of skis and they will be 178, but there is something about going balls all out on groomed, vertical trail with no slalom turns on long boards. Just look out for ski school groups!

world cup downhill minimum lenght for men 215, do you know why?

My point exactly, when Tommy Moe won in '94 was the last time anyone cared about downhilling. It's 2008, freeskiing and freestyle skiing rule the day.

This is the future of skiing,
sethmorrison_sequence.jpg

Simon%20Dumont%20Squaw%20copy.preview.jpg

thall-pcledgejpg.jpg

not this,
_41051934_skiing_416.jpg

Back
Top Bottom