Any Skiiers/Snowboarders Out There?

i'm going to wear pink too. hell, i may rock vintage pink all winter.
Pink definitely is making an appearance on my outfit for this year, and I don't see anything wrong with that! It's steezy as shit yo!

K-mart is in political turmoil with the new owners. Look for many folks boycotting Killington this season. Not good.
J_
yup, check out the dish on killington zone. I'll be boycotting this winter... Mt Snow and Mad River Glen are it...

My current quiver:

K2 Recon Riser 170
K2 Recon Riser 165
Salomon 164 ERA
Burton Custom 166
Burton Cascade 168 (i have 3 of these..Craig Kelly's Last board)
Nidecker MegaLight 174
Allian Babs Charlet 164

Wow the big gun collection

the palmer was just flat out dangerous. it tracked like it was on rails and was a bullet. i grabbed an edge in killington and it pitched me off the trail and through a small tree backside first.
And how did the tree feel about this?:D

Just for the record, I have zero alpine sports affiliation. Not that I wouldn't love riding or skiiing, and not that my buddies haven't heckled me for years about it (Hi J.!). Perhaps in my next life. I'll be a surfer then as well...

And how did the tree feel about this?:D

Just for the record, I have zero alpine sports affiliation. Not that I wouldn't love riding or skiiing, and not that my buddies haven't heckled me for years about it (Hi J.!). Perhaps in my next life. I'll be a surfer then as well...

I basically drive past Chris' house 3 times a week to go surfing. He lives minutes from the beach yet won't surf.

Perhaps an intervention is needed.

Anyone have a wetsuit in size "skinny assed white boy"..

He will need a 6-5 since he has zero body fat

J_

yup, check out the dish on killington zone. I'll be boycotting this winter... Mt Snow and Mad River Glen are it...

I don't think it's quite as bad as the guys over at kzone make it out to be. I'm not happy about the shorter season (I would have liked to go up last weekend) and the increased pass price, but I'm gonna reserve judgment until after this season.

Stay Tuned

Stay tuned.....GlancingAft and I are going to post a date for mbnjers to meet and ski/board, most likely up at Hunter Mountain. There seem to be quite a few riders/skiiers on this site!! Now if only global warming could just give us a break and allow it to snow this winter.....

Ski'd for about 10 years befor switching to a board. Been snowboarding close to 10 years now. Usually hit Blue mtn in PA fairly often & VT when I can.

Current ride: Couple year old Ride DH w/ Ride Spi's...love the board...fast, fun & lots of snap to it.

Boarding since '91

Riding since '91 and skiied bunch of years before that. I live at Creek, literally, in the condos. I'm at Creek all the time during the day before work, when it's not crowded, mostly in the park. I even went to college in Vt so I could board at Killington. So, let me know anytime you wanna hit the trails. :D

Riding since '91 and skiied bunch of years before that. I live at Creek, literally, in the condos. I'm at Creek all the time during the day before work, when it's not crowded, mostly in the park. I even went to college in Vt so I could board at Killington. So, let me know anytime you wanna hit the trails. :D
I have a few friends that live in those condos- great area! Do you ever go to Diablo? how are you healing?

Skier here, about 23 years now. Mostly in NH, but Jackson Hole is my favorite so far...

I ski in NH all the time b/c I have relatives there- where do you usually go?

Pat's Peak is where it's at in NH!!! JK, it is like 5 min from my aunts place. Either of you ever ski the closed down ski area next to Cannon (forgot it's name) that place is great, and can't beat such a short hike in.

I skied Jackson for the first time last winter, it was everything it was hyped up to be and more, definitely my favorite ski area now. I can't wait to go back once the new tram is in.

Ug, I wanted to go skiing this weekend, this rain is killing those dreams off quickly.

Pat's Peak is where it's at in NH!!! JK, it is like 5 min from my aunts place. Either of you ever ski the closed down ski area next to Cannon (forgot it's name) that place is great, and can't beat such a short hike in.

I skied Jackson for the first time last winter, it was everything it was hyped up to be and more, definitely my favorite ski area now. I can't wait to go back once the new tram is in.

Ug, I wanted to go skiing this weekend, this rain is killing those dreams off quickly.

I tore my ACL at Jackson Hole.

NOT fun.

j

I learned to ski at Waterville Valley, but mostly skied at Tenney Mtn. in Plymouth. I grew up about 10 minutes down the road from it. My parents still live up there, so I usually get a weekend or two up there a year.

Jackson's new tram is supposed to be in for next season. That's why this year's trip is to Squaw Valley. I'm hoping to get back to Jackson next year. I went to the Steep and Deep camp there in '05, and it rocked. I highly recommend it if you have the chance.

I tore my ACL at Jackson Hole.
Well let's hear the story behind it, I hope it's better than that you fell over in the lift line :D

I went to the Steep and Deep camp there in '05, and it rocked. I highly recommend it if you have the chance.

I have looked into the Steep and Deep camp's and would like to get around to doing one at some point if the funds allow it. They also have some sweet tele clincs which I'd like to do.

It's actually snowing at Belleayre right now and they are claiming they'll open on Saturday. They also claimed this for last saturday... so who knows,
http://www.belleayre.com/promotions/picofday.htm

I Just started skiing a year or so ago when I moved up here. Only ever been to Hunter and Vernon Creek so learning to ski on ice! I tried snowboardbing but I turned to face the hill, caught an edge and cracked myhead - man that hurt.

I bought a pair of K2 Public Enemys when I started - they had pretty colours on them.

Back
Top Bottom