Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

Captain Brainstorm

Was in Kentucky last weekend for XC Junior Olympics, and visited the Four Roses distillery. Their Single Barrel is one of my favorite week night bourbons, and their distillery tour (followed by a tasting) did not disappoint. If you're a bourbon fan, a distillery tour of your favorite brand is a must-do. I actually enjoyed Kentucky so much (weather aside, it was crazy), that we may do the Bourbon Trail when the weather is nicer. Much nicer than it was anyway.

On a separate note, the prices for anything that comes out of Buffalo Trace are insane (accept for actual Buffalo Trace), even in Kentucky. People have lost their minds. Everything is getting that halo-effect and lift from Pappy, even if it doesn't really warrant it.

GTCHAMPION1

Celebrating 15 years with the Mercedes-Benz brand, had to open a tasteful 1897 Old Forester 👌
IMG_20211223_215015_463.jpg
And went shopping last nightIMG_20211223_204320441.jpg

Found another addition for the vault, I was looking for series number 16, but let's see how this number 17 taste on an very special occasion, someone has to announce a marriage or a baby on the way soon so I can share this five-malt stouted mash IMG_20211223_205841919.jpg
IMG_20211223_204254124.jpg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Celebrating 15 years with the Mercedes-Benz brand, had to open a tasteful 1897 Old Forester 👌
View attachment 174006
And went shopping last nightView attachment 174007

Found another addition for the vault, I was looking for series number 16, but let's see how this number 17 taste on an very special occasion, someone has to announce a marriage or a baby on the way soon so I can share this five-malt stouted mash View attachment 174008
View attachment 174009

does the person who announces the baby get to take the bottle? AFAF

GTCHAMPION1

I'll share that with ya. Is a March due date good enough to qualify?
Next year I'm thinking of climbing Volcano Acatenango in Guatemala, it is about 11 miles to the top and the hike takes about 6 hours, so I'm thinking of bringing one of those bottles to drink it at the top while watching Volcan de Fuego erupt. So far nobody wants to do the hike with me even though there are many expedition companies that gives you all the gear and a guide

Captain Brainstorm

I been looking for it with no luck so far, Wood Stack in Metuchen has a couple and each drink is $18
Gary's and Liquor Outlet have it. Around $100 for the 14yr, around $120 for the 15yr. I haven't tried either yet because I don't know anyone who's tried it, and I don't want to take a leap of faith for that price. Since you gave it a thumbs-up though, my mind may change by Friday night.

Top Bottom