Another Cyclist Murdered

I like this!

Technically this is perfectly legal in NJ as long as you possess a FID and the long guns are compliant and unloaded.

The only issue is once again, when someone calls it in, you will be killed by the SWAT team and the news (and King Murphy) will make you out to be some kind of mastermind gun criminal maniac.

I have known a couple of friends over the years who carry in their fanny packs. One of them I know has a CCL... the other one... not as sure about (this was 25+ years ago).

Long story short: Yes, they caught the kids based on the vehicle description I gave. They were all still in HS. I had some bruising but otherwise was fine so I didn't press any charges. I hope the police put enough scare into them and my act of forgiveness made them better people; but these days... I'm not so sure.
Press charges if you still can. Back in high school I knew this dude. He was a friend of a friend. He lived near a golf course. One day he decided to take indirect shots at golfers from a distance with a .22 just to watch them scatter and hide for cover. Fucked up. Thank god he was caught. It's on his permanent record and was unable to become a police officer. He surely would have been a cop if not for this incident. And he's still an asshole to this day.

Press charges if you still can. Back in high school I knew this dude. He was a friend of a friend. He lived near a golf course. One day he decided to take indirect shots at golfers from a distance with a .22 just to watch them scatter and hide for cover. Fucked up. Thank god he was caught. It's on his permanent record and was unable to become a police officer. He surely would have been a cop if not for this incident. And he's still an asshole to this day.
Somehow I can envision what he could have done if he made it into the force, thank God for that one.

I disagree, the ticket would be a 9mm mounted to the frame so that the barrel is pointed to the left, with the trigger connected to a 3rd brake lever on the handlebars...

Surely you could wire a blip box to use it as the trigger. Maybe the hoods buttons on a Di2 brifter.

Long story short: Yes, they caught the kids based on the vehicle description I gave. They were all still in HS. I had some bruising but otherwise was fine so I didn't press any charges. I hope the police put enough scare into them and my act of forgiveness made them better people; but these days... I'm not so sure.
I remember a story about a local rider that was hit hard with a bottle thrown from a moving car. He pedaled hard, caught the car full of high schoolers at the next red light and started yelling. The kids didn't make eye contact and stared straight ahead while this large intimidating rider was yelling and then kicking at the car door. Unfortunately for the kids, the rider still had the mud spikes in his shoes from the last CX race. :D Imagine explaining to dad how all those snake bites wound up in his car door.

I wouldn’t carry any firearms on my bike rides as sweat would be detrimental to the finish of the weapon…..but the frame bag option would do just fine for the Dan Wesson or my nine. If I got one for the roadie I could carry an Uzi easily!!! That’s the ticket!
I got a DW as well, not many out there with them, what a great piece.

Tell me you never carried a firearm without telling me you never carried a firearm….
I'm ex-Army and own and use firearms. I have carried, concealed and open, while riding and decided that it was stupid.

If you're riding along and a situation emerges, the odds of managing to draw and effectively use the weapon shown in that photo approach zero.

I'm ex-Army and own and use firearms. I have carried, concealed and open, while riding and decided that it was stupid.

If you're riding along and a situation emerges, the odds of managing to draw and effectively use the weapon shown in that photo approach zero.

And you are basing this "analysis" on what scenario? Are you seriously arguing that if that guy stopped his bike he couldn't draw and use his weapon?

Here's my take, the situation would have to escalate to the point where drawing your firearm is justified or necessary and by that point your adrenaline level is so high it would be tough to handle it with the same level of calm and precision as if you're in a shooting range with all the time in the world to get ready unless you're trained for it. I think about this every time I'm at the range and times I would joke and ask a range marshal to mess with me a bit while I try to handle a pistol and a rifle. What can possibly go wrong?? LOL.

Reactions: rlb
Back
Top Bottom