Allamuchy

RNG1

We used wheel barrows and handtrucks in the scouts, but you could always pick up one of these:
bob_trailer_yak.jpg

If someone wants company for the race I'll sit in this thing while you pedal, I can even hold an umbrella.

Panhead

1) Singlespeed rigid solo, yes it's a 29er.
2) By the time the rain comes, pain will be a memory.
3) Whatcould be more fun than watching a partly sane man slowly bash himself into muddy pieces?

Panhead

1. Solo -- 9 speeds per usual. I can't be believe Dave is going SS. Jesus.

3. It'll be something you can look back on. Maybe with pride, maybe with regrets. But you'll remember it. Try remembering any other weekend this August 5 years from now.

1)Rigid no less.

2)Wife's 40th b-day this year. Hope I can remember it.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've looked back at it now for 3 or 4 years. I don't even remember exactly, it's all a bit of a blur. Those are certainly some good memories in there. I highly recommend doing it with people, be it on the trail or in camp or both.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
1. Whatever my team plans, I'm in. May be 4, 5 or corp. It will be my birthday also, so stop by for cake!

2. Whatever

3. Why not ?

MTB Aussie

1. Solo
2. It will only rain while I am on the course
3. Because you really want to or you wouldn't have posted.

MixMastaMM - don't bring so much crap and then you will not have to haul it. ;)

Mare

3. Because you really want to or you wouldn't have posted.

MixMastaMM - don't bring so much crap and then you will not have to haul it. ;)

Haha! True to both. :) However I am not feeling motivated. I will be thinking of all of you while you are out there with the bears.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Folks,
Thanks for entering this year's 15th Annual 24 Hours of Allamuchy Endurance Mountain Bike race. We look forward to seeing you for an exciting and fun weekend in just a few weeks. We do have to let you know, however, that this year's rate of entries is significantly down. At least parking will be easier and the course will not be as crowded! The other side of the coin is that over 98% of our operating budget comes from entry fees. With reduced entry fee revenues, we will have no choice but to cut back on some rider amenities that we have offered in the past. There will be NO impact on the course logistics, the timing/scoring operation, the availability of parking, the medical coverage, the campsites, the gear shuttle trucks, the showers, the restrooms, the 24-hour Lakeside Dining restaurant, or any other basic operations services you will need for a great, full 24 hours of riding, barbecuing, getting dirty, and having fun in the woods. One feature that is likely to be significantly reduced is the Tech Support/Repair Operations. So far we have been unable to line up this service for this year's event. If you know anyone, or have a local bike shop that might be interested in providing this service, please encourage them to contact us (info@24hoursofallamuchy.com) and we'll be happy to discuss options for working together with them to provide this important service. We will even give a bike shop a sponsorship opportunity with the race in return for providing this service. Beyond that, please encourage your friends and fellow riders to sign up for this year's race. We have eliminated the late entry fee for August (anyone who has already paid it will receive a refund back to the "Regular" entry fee level), and we will keep the "Regular" entry fee right through Saturday morning of race weekend for anyone who wants to register even up to the last minute. Thanks for listening, and we look forward to joining you for the best weekend of the summer in a few weeks.
-Dan, Paul, and the Allamuchy Crew
Looks like last year took a toll on the race.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, that makes a few things more clear to me now. Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I think last year's course may have been one nail in the coffin (so to speak). There were a few unrideable sections and a few sections that became that way after it started to rain. I've been riding NJ's most technical singletrack since '93 and I was surprised how much of the course I had to walk. I enjoy the fact that it's so hard, but I can see how for many it's just too much. Because it seems to rain every year, they should design the course with that in mind. Gui, who did more laps than anyone and is a world level athlete was averaging over 2 hours for a 10-mile lap:hmmm:

-Jim.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I think last year's course may have been one nail in the coffin (so to speak). There were a few unrideable sections and a few sections that became that way after it started to rain. I've been riding NJ's most technical singletrack since '93 and I was surprised how much of the course I had to walk. I enjoy the fact that it's so hard, but I can see how for many it's just too much. Because it seems to rain every year, they should design the course with that in mind. Gui, who did more laps than anyone and is a world level athlete was averaging over 2 hours for a 10-mile lap:hmmm:

-Jim.

But its Allamuchy -- Allamuchy isn't easy, especially when it is slippery.

MTB Aussie

Not supposed to be easy

You are right, Allamuchy is not easy especially when wet. Last years course seemed especially tough with all that standing water and mud and I felt each lap was just a chore. That's enough to scare off the newbies or others who come out for fun. I know of several people ( at least half a dozen) who are not riding this year, some with legitimate reasons and others because they really didn't enjoy themselves last year. My first year the course was similar to last year (2004) and I only came back because I have questionable intelligence.

That said I hope this Allamuchy is dry and fast, and not the last.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
You are right, Allamuchy is not easy especially when wet. Last years course seemed especially tough with all that standing water and mud and I felt each lap was just a chore. That's enough to scare off the newbies or others who come out for fun. I know of several people ( at least half a dozen) who are not riding this year, some with legitimate reasons and others because they really didn't enjoy themselves last year. My first year the course was similar to last year (2004) and I only came back because I have questionable intelligence.

That said I hope this Allamuchy is dry and fast, and not the last.

Actually, last year was terrible because of two factors -- the rain and the heat -- remember the heat? It was like 95 degrees out with extreme humidity. I started feeling "chills" on my second lap. I saw people sitting down and resting on their first lap. That was bad.

I did two laps, then I decided to wait until dark when it got cooler. Unfortunately, that is when the rains came. The rest is history.

MTB Aussie

Actually, last year was terrible because of two factors -- the rain and the heat -- remember the heat? It was like 95 degrees out with extreme humidity. I started feeling "chills" on my second lap. I saw people sitting down and resting on their first lap. That was bad.

I did two laps, then I decided to wait until dark when it got cooler. Unfortunately, that is when the rains came. The rest is history.
Sounds like we rode from the same play book. I finished two laps a little dehydrated (I could have swore I saw a bear) and ended up sitting in a creek to try and cool off. Waited until the evening and then ventured out into the storms. The rest as you say...

Top Bottom