Allamuchy North Conditions

crash

Dean P. Eberling: New Jersey Mountain Biker.

Was out on legal unnamed trails between Cardiac and Ice Cream. Atacama Desert like conditions. Dry as a bone.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No, the BSA is off-limits. It's private property and not open to the public.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dean P. Eberling: New Jersey Mountain Biker.

Was out on legal unnamed trails between Cardiac and Ice Cream. Atacama Desert like conditions. Dry as a bone.

not to throw a monkey wrench into your idea of legal trails but ice cream is actually BSA property just saying...

crash

Flirting with disaster on the way to Allamuchy North highpoint. But Dan's trail seems pretty in bounds and recently rode by multiple riders. It is all about the approach.

But with examples like CIA drone action over North Waziristan out there, who really knows what a legal boundary is anymore?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Flirting with disaster on the way to Allamuchy North highpoint. But Dan's trail seems pretty in bounds and recently rode by multiple riders. It is all about the approach.

But with examples like CIA drone action over North Waziristan out there, who really knows what a legal boundary is anymore?

Dan's is very much in-bounds and major fun trail to boot. That's a very tech savvy trail that gets little love.

Not to stand a rock and preach but most take for granted and really one major injury/lawsuit and it could result in a big blow for the park. Respect the BSA boundaries for the good of North...

crash

Allamuchy Mountain North - NJ1K.org - A website dedicated to ...
www.nj1k.org/mountain/?id=26...

you should see a sign marked "Ice Cream" on the left. The trail here follows the property line to the summit of Allamuchy North.

This seems like that guy at the super bowl on the tightrope. It depends on which side your're working to get a kiss from Madonna. The right side is a pretty acceptable and well traveled approach to the summit.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
When we obtained permission to put in the monument, it was purposely located on the back corner of the property so that it could be visited via the trail from hunter rock or the "maple leaf " trail without entering the camp and interfering with activities. That is not to imply it is the current arrangement with the BSA.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you should see a sign marked "Ice Cream" on the left. The trail here follows the property line to the summit of Allamuchy North.
I know it seems that way but trust me all of Ice cream including white trail in areas are actually on BSA. Those signs were from long ago and were thrown in to say hey your close. In fact half of freakin middle are also BSA property. Am I saying stay off No but I been told that real boarders may be going up in near future. Besides there is so much more in the park then to be in BSA zone...

Lets look at it this way if you saw heavy equipment then you were on BSA and should prolly stay away until they are done.

crash

i think they should rope off out of bounds like they do at ski areas then put in control gates where access is allowed. maybe the BSA can charge access fees a drop box at those gates. support your local scout troop.

Creating Boarder Wars!

It's interesting how this has Not even been a slight issue in the past. And who is creating these Boarder Wars and why? Is this a prudent direction to go in? Where exactly on the ground is the actual boarder anyway. Tax maps don't even show exact locations, hire a surveyer and have it marked out then put up a fence with boarder guards and guns and a no fly zone.

There has never been a problem or an issue regarding this in the park. So why is there one here on this board? In fact many of the trails in question have received volunteer tm by the boat load. I didn't hear anyone crying about that.

Most of the comments here are generally unofficial hold little weight. I dub thee "Creating Boarder Wars, Part I"

Unproductive.
Dump the thread!

Shaggz

A strong 7
Go back and read the post that Matty originally responded to. This was not about riding a questionable trail, but trespassing on BSA property.

Dump your comments.

EDIT: forgot to mention it is border, not boarder, unless you have an illegal puppy kennel stashed on BSA land.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
Aren't you the clever one. Maybe you should have used bored-er. The train derailed when you got on your high horse.

walter

Fourth Party
When he said criptic, I thought he was talking about a gang member with a nervous condition:hmmm:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's interesting how this has Not even been a slight issue in the past.

No issue just a heads up like if you see construction going on maybe stay clear

And who is creating these Boarder Wars and why?

Ahh now this is for inside people only :D

There has never been a problem or an issue regarding this in the park. So why is there one here on this board? :hmmm:

In fact many of the trails in question have received volunteer tm by the boat load. I didn't hear anyone crying about that.

No ones crying but politely informing is all

Most of the comments here are generally unofficial hold little weight.

Wee who have so little faith, more of quite the opposite.

I dub thee "Creating Boarder Wars, Part I"

Dump my Unproductive post! :D

It's Bikes folks we are not saving the hungry here, maybe informing people is bad for their health. I'm out...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's interesting how this has Not even been a slight issue in the past.

Oh but no, the BSA has been illegal to ride on since forever:
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29514&highlight=white#post29514

At some point you're just going to need to bow out of this board because all you do is cause tension. It seems clear to me that your only interest in posting here is to stir up trouble. Your last 2 appearances have been especially abrasive attempts to do that.

I've been more tolerant of you than just about anyone else. For no good reason I've given you more rope than you deserve. Consider that rope gone. Your next obnoxious outburst will be your last.

And now for something completely different: trail conditions! Nice! Hard but greasy, like a partially melted frozen chocolate bar; watch those corners.

Cardiac has some big piles of leaves, and not only where ditch crosses it. CandyAss is positively the best it's been; clearly visible and worn in even cleared for the most part. The two blow-downs have been removed, and the skinny at the bottom has been given a face lift with a chain saw. Thanks to those who pitched in and cleared and such. Unfortunately some of the more difficult features have been made easier; damn you *******! 'Tis the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions