Allaire Saturday 1/20 9AM

CR is close to me. Maybe we can get a few rides in there while it's still frozen.

Whoa bro!!

Diet must be a freak thing cause i can drop 2 combos at dunkin 5 mins before go time and be fine.My Sat was just wunderbar!! 18 mis of unreclaimed rr bed at about 17*Had to sink my bike as a stepping stone to cross stream and then the brakes froze,it was stuck in 1 gear and 30 mins after pawls froze in hub.Had to detent the cassette by hand then jump on bike and keep pedaling cause as soon as hub freewheeled it would just spin again and not re-engage(Note:when throwing bike in stream below 32 make sure its in a gear you like for the rest of the ride!!)I think I've been watching too much of the Dakar race this past week.....................................I hope to make the next central/south jersey ride.

Diet must be a freak thing cause i can drop 2 combos at dunkin 5 mins before go time and be fine.My Sat was just wunderbar!! 18 mis of unreclaimed rr bed at about 17*Had to sink my bike as a stepping stone to cross stream and then the brakes froze,it was stuck in 1 gear and 30 mins after pawls froze in hub.Had to detent the cassette by hand then jump on bike and keep pedaling cause as soon as hub freewheeled it would just spin again and not re-engage(Note:when throwing bike in stream below 32 make sure its in a gear you like for the rest of the ride!!)I think I've been watching too much of the Dakar race this past week.....................................I hope to make the next central/south jersey ride.

Good stuff. We had something like this happen on a ride we did up in Massachusetts about a year ago. We had to take turns pissing on the freewheel to get it to engage. We ended up towing the guy back to the house.

At this point I'm looking for a flavorless protein powder to add (suggestions Jake?), because protein aids in the absorption of both water and calories in the stomach (digestive track, whatever).

Try Designer Protein. The "natural" flavor is flavorless. I mix it into my oatmeal to balance out the carb/protein ratio.

iso pure makes some pretty scrumptious protien drinks as well. They come in fruity flavors which is a plus.

my breakfast (well dinner, considering my time schedule) consisted of a egg white and turkey sausage on a bagel, banana, yougurt, apple juice and a granola bar. scarffed down a power bar b4 we hit the trails. i cant ride unless i have sumtin solid beforehand.

Brett how cold was it that you were having those problems? Thats cccrraaaaazzyyy.

walter wut time are you riding solo? give me a shout man! we ride in the AM most days so mayb you can sneak out wit us. if you want i can PM you my cell. Goes for anyone else too. If your around and you wanna ride let me kno!

Try Designer Protein. The "natural" flavor is flavorless. I mix it into my oatmeal to balance out the carb/protein ratio.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot. Buy online or retail/local shop?

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot. Buy online or retail/local shop?

I usually get it at the Vitamin Shoppe. The quality seems pretty good and the price is usually a lot lower than other brands that list the same type of protein and "special" processes to isolate the protien. I like the lack of flavor as this garuntees there are no artificial sweeteners to mess up my blood sugar/insulin levels.

I usually get it at the Vitamin Shoppe. The quality seems pretty good and the price is usually a lot lower than other brands that list the same type of protein and "special" processes to isolate the protien. I like the lack of flavor as this garuntees there are no artificial sweeteners to mess up my blood sugar/insulin levels.

Thanks, good deal. Do they do both soy & whey? I forget which one you're supposed to use for exercise and which one after (they're not the same).

This coming from a guy who buys Designer Protein...:hmmm:

Its just the brand name, its actually good stuff, a bunch of different flavors, and its been around since the mid 90's. Its pretty popular and one of those supplements that has stood the test of time.

the best tasting stuff IMO is Muscle Milk. I have had nothing that compares to it in taste. I use it after work outs or as a snack between meals. Its gotta bit of sugar and fat. But i figure its a good way to replenish everythign after a good workout.

Fred, I was looking at Muscle Milk the other day, ever use it after a ride, or just after gym workouts and snacks?

vanilla, orange cream, cookies and cream, chocolate, strawberry...umm

i have yet to run into one i didnt like yet. dunno if your mixing with milk or water. it taste great with water but even better with milk. I use skim

Back
Top Bottom