Allaire Conditions

LandCruiser

Glorious during the early am, packed by the time I left.

Attachments

• ECB69E78-BCA5-445C-B957-B3A99DF5AB1C.jpeg
    ECB69E78-BCA5-445C-B957-B3A99DF5AB1C.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 6DA5D4D7-61E6-4AF7-810B-62D74C5E171A.jpeg
    6DA5D4D7-61E6-4AF7-810B-62D74C5E171A.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 163

djm

Where the hell did that big ass jump come from shooting off from the main trail just past the jump pit? I saw the old trail at the start of glass was pretty much opened back up as well! It’s madness I tell you!!!
We need to get back there with shovels and rakes and other implements of destruction!
I ride a rigid SS and usually blast thru that area. That new jump (any jump) really caught me off guard. :eek::eek:

mfennell

Today 9.8 of freeze dried goodness. minus .2 for the hoards of newbies standing around holding up their bikes
Perfect summary. You see people everywhere. Brisbane was mostly empty tho. Parked at the church for the first time too. Mo better except that you can't easily swing back to your car if needed.

It's cool that 26ers are making a comeback. :)

MMuller

Honestly what's the big deal? So kids and riders building jumps! All of them are very Rider friendly!!!! It's awesome seeing kids finding something they enjoy in times like these. Mitch you ride closed trails and non Sanction trails all the time. Your strava says it. Watching some of kids and people jumping is awesome. Isn't this a Mountain Biking page??? Or a road guy who rides trails. LET KIDS HAVE FUN!! STOP Making trails beach cruiser friendly.

I've given 3 kids helmets this year! We tell them not ride unsafe. What do you do besides complain about things and call people names on Website. You won't say it to their face.

Strava has ruined riding! Cheat lines. Trails change every season.. if Isn't from 2019 or after trail changed.

STOP COMPLAINING AND RIDE! LET KIDS BE KIDS.. ITS MODERN DAY MTB! GET OVER IT!

ROOT CUTTING IS PROBABLY MULLER SO HE CAN RIDE HIS GRAVEL BIKE!
Wait. What? Muller on a gravel bike? BTW, 1st time on Steelman in 3 years today on "cross" bike. Great to see a couple old TM friends. @mike_243 and @Frank back on the bike! Took a pic of this pile of gravel that always reminds me of that 120 degree day we hauled all that down the switchback, one wheelbarrow at a time. Hours and hours of TM at Allaire and I assure you, I'd never cut a root or dumb down a feature. Guessing Remedy kid was busting on some other CX Muller.

20210110_114003.jpg
20210110_114008.jpg

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

I’ve ridden Allaire like all of 3 times during my career. I’m possibly looking for an intermediate tour next Sunday morning. I also like to flow and jump. This place or Wharton?

JDurk

I’ve ridden Allaire like all of 3 times during my career. I’m possibly looking for an intermediate tour next Sunday morning. I also like to flow and jump. This place or Wharton?
Considering there are no jumps at Wharton, and what's your definition of flow? If flow = very little pedaling. Wharton doesn't have that either.

DickC

Glad to you guys are posting the trail conditions as I'm probably coming there Friday, from West Milford, if the weather doesn't turn bad.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions