Allaire Conditions

Remedysurfer732

Yes, two of them. Someone also tried to deadwood one of the water re-routes on Micks as well as cutout the bar grabbers in Micks. SMH.
Stravatard!! I ride 810 bars and got through no problem... John Remove all Segments you named. Start new ones. 10 yr trails that changed or turns been added.. Watch all Stravatards lose thier minds. You won't

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Honestly what's the big deal?
Wow Ted,, really have a lot to say. 1st off no has the right to come into a public park and build what ever they want?? No one, no matter what you think or how you feel, entitles you to do so.
If you knew anything about me you would know I'm all about fun and Slow. and Safety 1st.
I enjoy the park and all the jumps with no issue unless they create a issue with safety that leaves someone not involved hurt.
This new jump cuts right right in front of a main trail exit. I rode in the other day while it was being built and said nothing. On may way out I came out of the trail head and turned left onto the trail. I was instantly stuck like a deer in headlights. 5 bikes heading towards me at full speed hitting 2 jumps at mach5 speed and then hitting the new jump. We all stood there afraid to move. Now that's totally not safe and unacceptable. How do you put 3 jumps on a 2 way trail and think that's ok??? What happens when a kid comes riding out of the trail head on the right and someone is flying down on his downhill bike and kills him. I've spoken 2 people about this and told both of them, why the f didn't they just do that on the other side of the pit?? No one would see it and no one would get hurt. You cant put the Runway for a jump on a 2 way trail, period!! Not gonna work and someone is gonna get hurt.
STOP COMPLAINING AND RIDE! LET KIDS BE KIDS.. ITS MODERN DAY MTB! GET OVER IT!
Show me where I complained about jumps in the park?? And who said a word about kids??? What are you talking about??? Is complaining that someone is cutting out roots a problem???
What do you do besides complain about things and call people names on Website. You won't say it to their face.
What are you talking about Ted? You come on here full of anger spitting out stuff in CAPS. Did I call you a name? What did I call you? I'm old and cant remember??? Please tell me so I can apologize.
It's 830, past my bedtime, nite

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
Honestly what's the big deal? So kids and riders building jumps! All of them are very Rider friendly!!!! It's awesome seeing kids finding something they enjoy in times like these. Mitch you ride closed trails and non Sanction trails all the time. Your strava says it. Watching some of kids and people jumping is awesome. Isn't this a Mountain Biking page??? Or a road guy who rides trails. LET KIDS HAVE FUN!! STOP Making trails beach cruiser friendly.

I've given 3 kids helmets this year! We tell them not ride unsafe. What do you do besides complain about things and call people names on Website. You won't say it to their face.

Strava has ruined riding! Cheat lines. Trails change every season.. if Isn't from 2019 or after trail changed.

ROOT CUTTING IS PROBABLY MULLER SO HE CAN RIDE HIS GRAVEL BIKE!
My issue is deeper than just let kids ride..

I remember the phone calls from the park when people were building jumps in the park, especially when a sad situation occurred when a guy ended up paralyzed. There is already a jump line near the parkway, we may have access issues if hiker, or dog walkers complain to the park office....and they do. So dont be surprised if the park goes in again and cleanses the area. I support adding legal features and more fun for kids, just not illegal ones so close to the road.
The addition of trails, cutting if roots and trees will only hurt our standing with the park. The trail system generates no revenue, therefore they would threaten to close as apposed to spending a lot of time policing us.....it happened in 1998.

Just an fyi in case you were unaware.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Honestly what's the big deal? So kids and riders building jumps! All of them are very Rider friendly!!!! It's awesome seeing kids finding something they enjoy in times like these. Mitch you ride closed trails and non Sanction trails all the time. Your strava says it. Watching some of kids and people jumping is awesome. Isn't this a Mountain Biking page??? Or a road guy who rides trails. LET KIDS HAVE FUN!! STOP Making trails beach cruiser friendly.

I've given 3 kids helmets this year! We tell them not ride unsafe. What do you do besides complain about things and call people names on Website. You won't say it to their face.

Strava has ruined riding! Cheat lines. Trails change every season.. if Isn't from 2019 or after trail changed.

ROOT CUTTING IS PROBABLY MULLER SO HE CAN RIDE HIS GRAVEL BIKE!
The issue is not that people are just name calling I am sure the you have seen in the past where some one gets hurt going over one of these "features" and the park comes in with a bobcat and plows it all under. Then closes the park.
We need to police ourselves if we don't want another Ceres to happen. as for the cheater lines and cutting out the roots I would say this is due to the sheer number of new riders out on the trails and it does suck for a few reasons one of the bigger ones is the roots tend to hold the soil back and when they are gone we get water channels that can't be maintained. ride smart and be safe...

Remedysurfer732

Wow Ted,, really have a lot to say. 1st off no has the right to come into a public park and build what ever they want?? No one, no matter what you think or how you feel, entitles you to do so.
If you knew anything about me you would know I'm all about fun and Slow. and Safety 1st.
I enjoy the park and all the jumps with no issue unless they create a issue with safety that leaves someone not involved hurt.
This new jump cuts right right in front of a main trail exit. I rode in the other day while it was being built and said nothing. On may way out I came out of the trail head and turned left onto the trail. I was instantly stuck like a deer in headlights. 5 bikes heading towards me at full speed hitting 2 jumps at mach5 speed and then hitting the new jump. We all stood there afraid to move. Now that's totally not safe and unacceptable. How do you put 3 jumps on a 2 way trail and think that's ok??? What happens when a kid comes riding out of the trail head on the right and someone is flying down on his downhill bike and kills him. I've spoken 2 people about this and told both of them, why the f didn't they just do that on the other side of the pit?? No one would see it and no one would get hurt. You cant put the Runway for a jump on a 2 way trail, period!! Not gonna work and someone is gonna get hurt.

Show me where I complained about jumps in the park?? And who said a word about kids??? WTF are you talking about??? Is complaining that someone is cutting out roots a problem???

What are you talking about Ted? You come on here full of anger spitting out stuff in CAPS. Did I call you a name? What did I call you? I'm old and cant remember??? Please tell me so I can apologize.
It's 830, past my bedtime, nite
Look back to your prior post about name calling! You walk down the street and can get hurt. Walk off a curb and get hurt! Do you see everyone talking about that? No!!!!!!! If you stop making post about Certain things!

I fly around that turn prior to jump. Just like everyone else has. Now others go straight and avoid collision in turn. You stopped scared made me laugh. You stopped to take photos so you can run and complain.

That'd right! Let kids be kids! Did you build jumps as kid possibly not at your age.

Stop posting about New FEATURES! I mean you guys also cut out every log,root or anything that gets in your way of strava!

All features can be rolled over. I watched a lady today myself. She turned back and smiled. Said that's fun!

Anywhere outside of NJ has no issues with this..Reason is people understand that things change. It's Mountain Biking not beach cruiser trails.

Alot people moving away from Parkway due to crowds thanks to dum Dinosaurs. So people are trying to figure better places to do what they love doing! Jumping and riding bikes..

All this can be avoided if people stop posting and complaining about kids riding bikes and building features. I mean come on they ain't sitting home playing XBOX! Or finding ways to get in trouble. Or doing drugs. Why you should support then not run and make post like 3yr olds

Remedysurfer732

The issue is not that people are just name calling I am sure the you have seen in the past where some one gets hurt going over one of these "features" and the park comes in with a bobcat and plows it all under. Then closes the park.
We need to police ourselves if we don't want another Ceres to happen. as for the cheater lines and cutting out the roots I would say this is due to the sheer number of new riders out on the trails and it does suck for a few reasons one of the bigger ones is the roots tend to hold the soil back and when they are gone we get water channels that can't be maintained. ride smart and be

This. What? The fact that people have approached me about this Thread! Kids parents to riders. So if you don't make post to open a can of worms probably wouldn't be here. Dummy down everything. Let's all buy beach cruisers! Sorry kids aren't into XC! Some maybe.

People get hurt on regular trails even bike paths. Do you see bike paths closing? No!! Cause no one is making post about it

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This. What? The fact that people have approached me about this Thread! Kids parents to riders. So if you don't make post to open a can of worms probably wouldn't be here. Dummy down everything. Let's all buy beach cruisers! Sorry kids aren't into XC! Some maybe.

People get hurt on regular trails even bike paths. Do you see bike paths closing? No!! Cause no one is making post about it
Was not calling you names just trying to explain things there are places to build jump lines that do not present a safety issue. If you have never gone to a town meeting to try and keep a trail system open then you are missing my point. At one time bike riding at allaire was going to get shut down if not for ATUG and Jorba it would have.
As for dumbing down the trails we do not do that we try to make them more friendly yes but we do not dumb them down. In fact we have left logs in the trails only to have them either cut out or have sticks stacked up on them to make "log overs". Again sorry if I came off as an elitist.. Again ride smart and be safe...

Johnny Utah

Guys, I think this Public Service announcement may help everyone here. We are facing the heaviest usage the park may have ever seen. It’s times like these we need to work together, now who do we need to send some fruit baskets to since we can’t hug this thing out? Let’s roleplay, @Mitch you are Billy, @Remedysurfer732 don’t you see how productive things can be when you work with @Mitch ? I know I learned something.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@Remedysurfer732 the problem is, kids build crappy stuff. Fun? Maybe, but crappy, no question. I have never experienced a kid at the trails (bmx) or doing TM that built something good without guidance from someone more experienced. It is kinda amusing in some respects.

kids don’t think about if the jump flows well with the trail or features before and after it, or if it is going to cause a drainage issue or if how they built it is going to hold up or just be a pile of crap in a few weeks.

every set of bmx trails and parks has a set of elders that have guided the place and keep stuff in check. Someone needs to learn the kids so they know why you do things a certain way, including bending the rules / pushing the boundaries of what a park will allow.
Kids can be can kids, but kids need to be put in their place sometimes also.

onetracker

This guy is not going to listen to reason; he knows it all. Right up to the point where the state park closes Allaire to Mountain Bikes. Would you build a jump on the lawn of an offical NJ state building like the capital? Of course not. Why would anyone think that it is OK to build an illegal jump on NJ state park property without permission? It is the same thing.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions