Allaire Conditions

I'll be doing a fatastic ride most likely around that chite show and beyond! Pack my sac ride..urban... buritto and whatever else my fat arse can handle. miles and miles baby. Shake it!

Get much rain Friday? Anything gonna be rideable Sunday morning?
Did not get much rain Friday but temps are still staying above freezing which means snow is probably not stiffened up yet. More rain and snow are predicted for Sunday morning, which does not help.

It looks like Monday morning there is a shot at rideable snow, with cold temps it should lock the snow down to concrete. I'm not sure how well it will hold as the temp rises Monday.

Did not get much rain Friday but temps are still staying above freezing which means snow is probably not stiffened up yet. More rain and snow are predicted for Sunday morning, which does not help.

It looks like Monday morning there is a shot at rideable snow, with cold temps it should lock the snow down to concrete. I'm not sure how well it will hold as the temp rises Monday.
Looking like 3-5 in of snow now for Sunday staring at daybreak. Was thinking if it was sub 32 overnight I may be able to get in dawn patrol before it turns to shit, especially in the snow. Probably a lost weekend with what I’m hearing tho. Thanks for the response.

What are the chances the trails will be good to ride this Sat? We got a little bit of snow up north today. Not sure how much Allaire got and whether it would prevent riding.
I drove past it yesterday...the lot still has ice and from what I could see, so do the trails. I also looked at bike path and it also has ice/snow still. Last night's inch or so will start to melt and then freeze solid tonight. So to answer your question.....if you have studded tires. BTW, I love your handle...cracked me up.

Today's conditions. Did Rutted with footprints and bike tires around the lot and perimeter trails. Saw some fat bike tracks but he was all over the place weaving back and forth. Don't think it would be any fun to ride unless you have studs and Patience.
Since @Mitch quit riding, the trails have really gone to crap
He right ya know...
20210211_154758.jpg
20210211_155736.jpg
20210211_160959.jpg

How much snow did the area around Allaire get? I know this storm was very concentrated around 195 west to east. I see Natl Weather Service shows 3.5 in Ramtown

How much snow did the area around Allaire get? I know this storm was very concentrated around 195 west to east. I see Natl Weather Service shows 3.5 in Ramtown
About 5" with a nice ice crust on top.
Really not good for mtbing.

This is the year to embrace winter sports, if you dint get snow shoes or xc skis by now, plan for next year.😜

About 5" with a nice ice crust on top.
Really not good for mtbing.

This is the year to embrace winter sports, if you dint get snow shoes or xc skis by now, plan for next year.😜
Thanks- yeah the amounts of snow in the area vary greatly within just a few miles. Maybe I'll try the spiked tires in a few days when it gets packed down and frozen over :)

Thanks- yeah the amounts of snow in the area vary greatly within just a few miles. Maybe I'll try the spiked tires in a few days when it gets packed down and frozen over :)

Just fair warning: 99% of people who are snow shoeing/xc skiing are doing so with zero intention of making life easier for cyclists. Go with the idea of checking it out, and be pleasantly surprised if you can actually ride.

If there is anything left after next week's temperatures, it'll be rideable. Weather doesn't look promising, though; closest we've had was a 1-2 day window last week, and it was just a bit too deep to be easily rideable. Doable, yes, but not particularly fun.

*edit*

Not trying to be a downer. You'll have better luck hitting a park that is 1) groomed, and 2) allows bikes. That narrows it down to Thompson Park in Lincroft, and that's pretty much it. That said, it'll still be a good workout, if that's what you're after.

Just fair warning: 99% of people who are snow shoeing/xc skiing are doing so with zero intention of making life easier for cyclists. Go with the idea of checking it out, and be pleasantly surprised if you can actually ride.

If there is anything left after next week's temperatures, it'll be rideable. Weather doesn't look promising, though; closest we've had was a 1-2 day window last week, and it was just a bit too deep to be easily rideable. Doable, yes, but not particularly fun.

*edit*

Not trying to be a downer. You'll have better luck hitting a park that is 1) groomed, and 2) allows bikes. That narrows it down to Thompson Park in Lincroft, and that's pretty much it. That said, it'll still be a good workout, if that's what you're after.
Yes frozen footprints kinda ruin it. I know the drill- not a newbie...been at the mtn bike thing since early 90s :). Allaire can be good for some snow and/or ice fun if like you say, conditions are just right and the trails haven't been buggered up. I hit Clayton a week or so ago with spiked tires..that place becomes seriously hard when you pushing up the hills in snow/ice

*edit*

I need to check out Thompson Park. They groom for fat bike?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions