Allaire Conditions

Anyone know if Allaire is rideable today?
80% of the area is a swamp. Saturated. Weather and conditions are looking very promising for The weekend. While it is warmer during the day, everything is refreezing at night and starting the thaw process over again mid morning. Totally different than a dry out in warmer conditions.

80% of the area is a swamp. Saturated. Weather and conditions are looking very promising for The weekend. While it is warmer during the day, everything is refreezing at night and starting the thaw process over again mid morning. Totally different than a dry out in warmer conditions.
That sucks! Will stay away until the weekend then

On the upside, we're getting some pretty strong winds down here which is having a pretty good drying effect on the saturated ground. My property is similar to a lot of the sandy areas of allaire and is drying out nicely. weekend forecast does indeed look good!

Anyone know if Allaire is rideable today?
I was in Clayton this morning for a quick ride before it started to thaw out. I left around 9:30 and it was still frozen but some open areas where the sun was hitting was just starting to get slick. There are still some north facing areas that have a little snow/ice on the trail but 75% was dirt. Maybe by the weekend Allaire would be ok- esp prior to thawing out but with the sun out and temps rising it will starting thawing out pretty quickly

I was in Clayton this morning for a quick ride before it started to thaw out. I left around 9:30 and it was still frozen but some open areas where the sun was hitting was just starting to get slick. There are still some north facing areas that have a little snow/ice on the trail but 75% was dirt. Maybe by the weekend Allaire would be ok- esp prior to thawing out but with the sun out and temps rising it will starting thawing out pretty quickly
Thank you! That’s what I am thinking too, I usually start early if I’m riding at Allaire or the lots get too busy. Hope it just dries out soon

I was at Allaire yesterday (stayed on the north side of the park) and, with the exception with a few usually muddy parts, it was business as usual. The clay was soft around the rim of the Pit and parts of the River Trail, but everything else was all good.

Out as we speak, low lands are wet but the hi side is served up as awesome. Go get it. Stay away from the river.

4928812F-D24E-402B-A533-DA8079469A7A.jpeg

Last edited:
So is it safe to assume Allaire is a no go on Sunday?

It’s nice that the fire service is melting the rest of the snow for us.

Was on the bike by maybe 6:30 and done by 10. I guess I beat the burn.
everything I did was fine and the lot was packed when I left.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions