All A Muchy redux

ryderX

I've been thinking late into the night, and I've come up with a scary yet intriguing idea. How's about a 50k organized mtbnj.com group ride with a food & water stash about halfway through the loop. I'd volunteer to lead it and organize it, and we could ride the Allamuchy Challenge loop. It would be invitation only, RSVP, for members of this here forum, and a few other special guest stars. I would gladly lead the ride, and we can shot for the weekend of the October 6th.
Discuss amongst yourselves...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i am IN. should there be a limit on the number of people, for the trails' sake? rain or shine? end at shakey jake's? or smokey's?

Last edited:

J-Dro

Hmmm thats an intriguing idea. But I'm not sure how you would keep the group close enough together such that you wouldn't need to mark the course. I assume that as an unofficial ride, marking the course would be off limits. Obviously there would be riders at various fitness levels and probably even a few who don't complete the ride for one reason or another, so people will get pretty spread out eventually. Thats the only logistical problem that I can see.

I like the idea a lot though.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
damn you, i'd be all over this if it weren't for the wife's birthday being october 6th. this is a fan-freakin'-tastic idea though. i'm sure we could scrape up some fundage for food, supplies and giveaways somewhere... :D

the first annual mtbnj.com ride to nowhere is here!

pinkshirtphotos

ill bring the paper plates for number cards. do a group ride at slow pace for the first lap, then the 5o begins. someone can be a lap counter.

ArmyOfNone

1......o fuggedaboutit!

homestarrunner.gif

ArmyOfNone

I dont know if i feel comfortable with putting the success of this ride on the brains of these folks? I <3 all of U

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i just did a number two and a number one. :mad2: <me doing number two.

not really. i eat lots of fiber.

ryderX

Rules, rules and more rules....

Okay kids this is my post, my idea, my rules. Lets keep this real simple. No need to over analyze, plan or get all "mtbnj.com" weird over it.
Here are the rules and guidelines:
1. If you say your going to do it, don't puss out at the last minute with some lame excuse. Everyone who starts with the group stays with the group, if you have the need to play Alpha Male stay home.
2. We start the ride together and we end together. Que sheets will be issued.
3. A rain date will determined 1 week before the ride if need be.
4. Be prepared to ride for 6-8 hours in Allamuchy, no "I've got to be home to walk Benji b.s. 15 miles into the ride.
5. NO WHINING ALLOWED
6. Food and beverage will consist of P&J sandwiches, trail mix, pop tarts, water, and Cliff products. All of which I will happily supply. You've got a delicate sissy lactose intolerant tum-tum, bring your own supplies.
7. When the roll time is decided upon, it becomes etched in stone. No "hey wait a minute while I rebuild my my drive train in the parking lot. stall tactic. If your late ride hard and catch up.
8. Everybody has to have a good attitude and suck up the hurt.
It won't be a hammer fest, though you can't expect everyone to wait at every intersection if your sucking hind tit, if you've got the wind to talk about your victory in the pinewood derby from 18 years ago, your not riding hard enough, and your slowing us down. We can have insightful and thought provoking discussions back at the bar.

"Cowboy up Boys and Girls we're going riding."

A simple yes or no will suffice, I'll lead 1 or I'll lead 20 riders or more, don't matter to me.
Start another post if you feel the need to discuss anything about this ride. Beyond the "yes I'm in or no I can't because I've got a sheep shearing to go to and Muffy is having her tubes tied that day" I don't want my post hijacked by chronic horse sodomizers.
Thank You and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Last edited:

ryderX

Was a field run mentioned anywhere between #1 -#8 ?
In or Out ?
It's a yes or no answer.

J-Dro

I'm in.

Holy crap did I just sign up to chasing Kris Weber around Allamuchy for 32 miles? What the hell was I thinking?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Okay kids this is my post, my idea, my rules. Lets keep this real simple. No need to over analyze, plan or get all "mtbnj.com" weird over it.
Here are the rules and guidelines:
1. If you say your going to do it, don't puss out at the last minute with some lame excuse. Everyone who starts with the group stays with the group, if you have the need to play Alpha Male stay home.
2. We start the ride together and we end together. Que sheets will be issued.
3. A rain date will determined 1 week before the ride if need be.
4. Be prepared to ride for 6-8 hours in Allamuchy, no "I've got to be home to walk Benji b.s. 15 miles into the ride.
5. NO WHINING ALLOWED
6. Food and beverage will consist of P&J sandwiches, trail mix, pop tarts, water, and Cliff products. All of which I will happily supply. You've got a delicate sissy lactose intolerant tum-tum, bring your own supplies.
7. When the roll time is decided upon, it becomes etched in stone. No "hey wait a minute while I rebuild my my drive train in the parking lot. stall tactic. If your late ride hard and catch up.
8. Everybody has to have a good attitude and suck up the hurt.
It won't be a hammer fest, though you can't expect everyone to wait at every intersection if your sucking hind tit, if you've got the wind to talk about your victory in the pinewood derby from 18 years ago, your not riding hard enough, and your slowing us down. We can have insightful and thought provoking discussions back at the bar.

"Cowboy up Boys and Girls we're going riding."

A simple yes or no will suffice, I'll lead 1 or I'll lead 20 riders or more, don't matter to me.
Start another post if you feel the need to discuss anything about this ride. Beyond the "yes I'm in or no I can't because I've got a sheep shearing to go to and Muffy is having her tubes tied that day" I don't want my post hijacked by chronic horse sodomizers.
Thank You and have a pleasant tomorrow.

i'm out, but holy hell, i nominate this for post of the week! well done!!

Top Bottom