A Wookies return.....

serviceguy

Well it’s been an interesting week to say the least first we had snow and today I finished my last chemo session......i hope. I will still have doc visits and follow up shit to deal with I’m sure, but I’m looking so forward to being able to feel my hands, face, and feet again and hopefully regaining my sense of taste. Who knows what my future holds, but right now I need to focus on building strength and getting back to work.....if my job is still available, who knows. As far as I’m concerned, I just completed the most difficult time of my life and I’m thankful just to be around. Yes, I had fears that I wouldn’t make it but that didn’t sway me from my plan of coming back. So for now one chapter has ended, let’s see what the next one will be.
It was somewhat difficult saying goodbye today, especially to the three folks in the pic below....2 of them were directly responsible for me being able to type this today thanks to their quick actions. I am forever grateful to them, they were always kind, warm, and so caring and made me feel like they were there just for me....I will love them forever. View attachment 150932
I think this needs a celebratory ride. How is Allaire these days?

It feels good to know that there's still people doing their job with care and kindness for their patients, there's never enough recognition for those individuals. I spent more time than I would have liked in hospitals in the last few years and unfortunately that's not always the case, I guess it's normal but when it's you or a family member it makes a big difference. Glad you shared that picture. Glad you're on your way back to normal.

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
Thank you for all the encouragement!!! It’s been a difficult journey so far and I’m sure I just crossed one bridge with many to go. It helps to get this off my chest and thank you for reading, sharing, and your comments. The good news is that I’m able to maintain my new weight of around 200# which is 50# lighter than I used to be. My new diet will help in keeping me healthy and it also fights cancer, I have my wonderful wife to thank for that.
During the next few days I get to deal with the lingering effects of the chemo which makes me feel crappy, but compared to what many experience I have it easy.

pibbles

Thank you for all the encouragement!!! It’s been a difficult journey so far and I’m sure I just crossed one bridge with many to go. It helps to get this off my chest and thank you for reading, sharing, and your comments. The good news is that I’m able to maintain my new weight of around 200# which is 50# lighter than I used to be. My new diet will help in keeping me healthy and it also fights cancer, I have my wonderful wife to thank for that.
During the next few days I get to deal with the lingering effects of the chemo which makes me feel crappy, but compared to what many experience I have it easy.
This has been an inspiring read, glad you're doing better Frank, you deserve it after all you've endured and i'm sure others can take much from your experience. Thanks for sharing. WHARTON 40 next year?

Frank

Sasquatch
So I just got back from the docs office, as I predicted he wants to throw everything at me. “You have a life threatening disease, I just want you to be aware of that.“ At this point I really don’t need to be reminded of that, I thought I was doomed last summer. We agreed on a plan to monitor my progress with a PET scan in 2 months and of course, a follow up. I’m pretty sure that this will be repeated for the rest of my life and I’m ok with that. He did say that my blood markers looked good and showed further progress which was the highlight of my visit. I did lose it on the way home and for a little while after that, it’s so hard to hear that said about you. But I will show him that he doesn’t realize the stubborn person he’s dealing with.
At this point I need to take a break from treatments that make me feel like half a man, make me weak, dizzy, and the loss of taste and feeling in my hands and feet. My disability ends this month, so I will be returning to work March 1st. So for the next few weeks I plan on a lot of riding, weather permitting, and other exercises that will help me get stronger. Thank you for allowing me to vent on this forum, it helps to get it off my chest and your words of encouragement mean the world to me. Much love to you all

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We agreed on a plan to monitor my progress with a PET scan in 2 months and of course, a follow up.
Is there any talk of removing the tumors, or just keep them in check? You may have answered this before but I forgot.

Hopefully you feel better once the chemo treatments wear off.

Frank

Sasquatch
I rode today!!! First time since the cold snap and boy I needed it, even though it was somewhat short in mileage. You never know how much the beach sand can resist you. I have a meeting tomorrow with my Service mgr and General mgr. about my return to work, I’m both excited and bummed.....bummed that I won’t be in the company of my wife and dogs all day and excited to start getting paychecks again. Tomorrow I will also call and schedule a scan...whether PET or CT depends on my insurance.....boy you don’t get your money’s worth from them. Follow up doc visit April 5th so I predict insomnia for a few days prior.
But back to today, it was nice to ride and my neuropathy was not that bad, can’t wait to see how I feel when I return to work on the first of March....that’s if I still have a job. It’s funny that I’m on the fence about that, I would love to find something a lot less stressful...perhaps a Walmart greeter????
23C0ABD5-78E6-4376-9BB4-19F15A842448.jpeg
66613881-C6C7-44A9-8723-8C54FECDBD36.jpeg
EB55E98C-EA16-45DD-90A9-8208815DFDC6.jpeg
EB8691AE-CE29-4D06-B4A9-B74AFD234E2F.jpeg

....and yes that shell tripped me up. Lol

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
I tried to ride Allaire today...snow was too soft and slushy. So I aborted mission and went to Manasquan again and tried the beach....high tide and rough surf equals no fun. It was also windy and sleeting so I rode a bit, not enough for BIYF, but enough for me.
IMG_20210219_151545_339.jpg
IMG_20210219_151545_327.jpg
IMG_20210219_151545_284.jpg

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I tried to ride Allaire today...snow was too soft and slushy. So I aborted mission and went to Manasquan again and tried the beach....high tide and rough surf equals no fun. It was also windy and sleeting so I rode a bit, not enough for BIYF, but enough for me

Do you need stickers? I got a new influx of cool stickers. Let me know. :)

Frank

Sasquatch
Today was a challenge, steering through ruts, slush and foot prints. I love the warmer temps we had today and I will enjoy the rest of the week. I wonder if the trails at Wharton are dried up @slingblade_uhhuh or Mr. @pibbles ??? I would really like to get a dirt ride in before the monsoons hit this weekend and I return to work next week. It’s weird how I’m feeling like a kid at the of summer vacation, I don’t want to go back to work....I wanna be a bum, live off unemployment, and ride my bikes all the time. I think my priorities have changed which maybe come a problem at work, I will not be the ultra dedicated, sacrifice myself employee I was before....that got me no where but sick. So for now I will enjoy the remainder of my time off and go back to night rides, dawn patrols, and weekend warrior riding....like everyone else.
17711D2E-0547-4538-A36B-7DE25A98645D.jpeg
EFA2E065-86FC-4B49-A539-BADB01A39C0A.jpeg

Last edited:

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Today was a challenge, steering through ruts, slush and foot prints. I love the warmer temps we had today and I will enjoy the rest of the week. I wonder if the trails at Wharton are dried up @slingblade_uhhuh or Mr. @pibbles ??? I would really like to get a dirt ride in before the monsoons hit this weekend and I return to work next week. It’s weird how I’m feeling like a kid at the of summer vacation, I don’t want to go back to work....I wanna be a bum, live off unemployment, and ride my bikes all the time. I think my priorities have changed which maybe come a problem at work, I will not be the ultra dedicated, sacrifice myself employee I was before....that got me no where but sick. So for now I will enjoy the remainder of my time off and go back to night rides, dawn patrols, and weekend warrior riding....like everyone else.
C'mon down and grab a handful of GNAR!

Last edited:
Top Bottom