A Wookies return.....

Frank

Sasquatch
Monday’s suck so hard sometimes. Today I met with my oncologist who wants to try other drugs because he’s sure my cancer will get bad again. “You’re doing great, but you have advanced colon cancer”. Well, my wife has been fighting this cancer with diet and supplements which have shown to cure cancer in other countries....not control but cure. My primary has gone over my latest blood work and was impressed with how well I’m doing.....I mean I can ride my bike again, so that has to mean something. My scans show a reduction in the tumors, which made both docs shake their heads. Sadly, I trust American medicine about as much as I trust our political system. Right now I feel like i just brought my car in for service and they want to change everything.
Last week I got a little excited because I only have 2 chemo weeks left and was looking forward to returning to work and resuming my life....now there is talk of extending my chemo.......ugh. Sorry folks, just venting

serviceguy

Monday’s suck so hard sometimes. Today I met with my oncologist who wants to try other drugs because he’s sure my cancer will get bad again.

Did he provide any rationale on why it's supposed to get bad again? Based on our conversation yesterday your wife should be able to factor that in the research that she's done already.

Sadly, I trust American medicine about as much as I trust our political system. Right now I feel like i just brought my car in for service and they want to change everything.

Sadly, there seem to be a lot of similarity in the way both work sometimes.

I'm so sorry the visit didn't go as well as expected.

Nothing to be sorry about for venting.

Frank

Sasquatch
&$@%!!!! Did he/she give any other indication of time frame?
No....which makes me even more cynical and somewhat angry. It’s been going too well and life decided to kick me in the junk today. Before my apt my brother texted me that he tested positive, so more quarantine time for him....at least he’s not symptomatic.
Right now I’m watching ”Live free and die hard” .......a violent Bruce Willis movie always makes me feel better, probably because of his sarcasm. Perhaps later I will go for a ride once I’ve untucked my head and show the AMA what kicking cancers ass looks like.

Bizarro

I talk to you all the time big wook as you know and tolerate my random awesome bizarre texts mesgs that keep you guessing and hopefully laughing (real laugh not fake but that's ok) but reading this puts it in more perspective. hmmm... don't really want to work rest of day now.

Frank

Sasquatch
I’m ok, just an emotional day. I’m in no way giving up this fight just had a bad day. I probably should have met my earlier post to myself, but I didn’t want anyone to think that this has been easy, so I will leave it as is. Fuck cancer and the horse it rode in on, I’m not done yet.

Frank

Sasquatch
This afternoon it was time to get my head realigned and get out for a ride. I had to be mentally prepared because I was riding with @Mitch lol, I just love the guy. So I meet him at the lot and he tells me @pooriggy was coming and I knew I was in for a good time, then @Mrs.G showed up and we talked her into riding with us and I knew my day was complete. Yesterday was bad, today was good......emotional roller coasters suck, but I’m glad I have more ups. Another good for the soul ride...so much support and positivity from the group reenergized me...much love for you all.
9DC7415C-4F0F-4A0A-B4F4-03E38B122310.jpeg
D8E99766-2908-4383-B645-91F78923E082.jpeg

pibbles

My .02 is that doctors need to feel that what they're doing is what will cure you and if you don't have a medical degree then you don't know what you're talkin about. It's easier to stay the course if what he/she wants as long as there is no further harm caused to you. Your wife knows what she's doing and if both things are working together that's awesome!
My doctor thinks that my cholesterol numbers are because of the statin he prescribed and not my vegetarian diet. I don't have the heart to tell him I forget to take my lipitor most days....and if your ever in the mood for sarcasm.
Seriously, nice to read your posts gives my day a lift, keep up the fight bro...

Frank

Sasquatch
My .02 is that doctors need to feel that what they're doing is what will cure you and if you don't have a medical degree then you don't know what you're talkin about. It's easier to stay the course if what he/she wants as long as there is no further harm caused to you. Your wife knows what she's doing and if both things are working together that's awesome!
My doctor thinks that my cholesterol numbers are because of the statin he prescribed and not my vegetarian diet. I don't have the heart to tell him I forget to take my lipitor most days....and if your ever in the mood for sarcasm.
Seriously, nice to read your posts gives my day a lift, keep up the fight bro...
Once my system stabilizes, I will make a trek down to the south to ride with you and Mr W.....I just have to wait a while because that ride may be filled with more sarcastic remarks than I can handle.......oh who’s kidding who, I will join in the fun.

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
Today was another ride with my old friend Gary, and it was an enjoyable one. It’s funny how some of your friends Really step forward and are there for you when the shit hits the fan. I’m really lucky to have many of those friends...mostly ones who ride, but others as well. I’m also really lucky to have so many hands on my back, holding me up with texts, phone calls, emails, and today I got an awesome message from @moose35 that had me smiling all day. You really do ”feel better” when your spirits are high and I thank all of you for helping with that. Yesterday was one of those days that ended on a very high note, friends make a huge difference when it comes to inspiring you to ride, and yes, even live. So many folk who are sick like I am are lonely and have no spirit left in them to survive and I am so sad for them, I can’t imagine where I would be right now without these great folk who have kept me going.....I know, I sound like a broken record but I’d rather err on the side of overstating than under. My buddy Gary has not been riding in years, but suffers right along with me...and I stick him with the fat bike...a great guy. Last night I was going to bust @rottin' chops to ride with me, he’s hinted at it a couple of times, glad I didn’t as we are riding Monday...hopefully. 🤓

I’m still battling neuropathy with my rides, having your hands, feet, and even your face go numb is very annoying....but I’m riding so I will do my best to deal with it.
I know I’m getting stronger, I’ve put on 20 lbs since my low of 180 and I’m maintaining that....it’s amazing how a modified keto, paleo, antiangiogenic (sp) diet will help with that....but reall miss porkroll and bacon cheeseburgers.
Today‘s ride

9B9EDE47-65F7-4C44-A434-84EC14C24320.png
0F43B11D-FAC8-406E-B05A-6715F572C277.png

Frank

Sasquatch
Today was a nice one!! It started with a call from a friend last night who had some bikes to donate and remembered that I had volunteered to work on bikes for kids so I picked them up. So this morning I headed out to Asbury and dropped them off at Second Life Bikes, it was nice to talk to Kerry and Pete for a while. After that I was gonna cheat and get a hotdog at Windmill.....but that location is temporarily closed......dang it! Oh well...after that I stopped at work and chatted with the crew, it was good to see them all, most I hadn’t seen since August...but it looks like they miss me and want me to return so I can stress less about that. So lastly, I went for an evening ride at Manasquan beach....it’s so soothing...good day.
BF72AAA8-122F-494D-AACB-B2ABFD0D4CA8.jpeg
4B45B5FC-0552-4DA2-9CD4-ACB80BD4FC68.png
2E838727-B100-4BEC-9115-12B969E63C37.jpeg
2FCAD9A8-60AB-45CB-8761-3222D56CB018.jpeg
544685F3-0206-4E88-9058-E8C86349D828.jpeg
0165BA4A-92E4-4A24-B52B-4999F4AE2209.jpeg
81BF4D74-9E4F-4036-B892-2082197E100A.jpeg

oh, and I have a special message for cancer...

1D9844B8-614E-43AD-8C3B-9F90FD6FA07B.jpeg

Frank

Sasquatch
Yesterday I made an attempt at changing the oil in my mother-in-laws car...yeah, that didn’t work out so well. It would seem as though the last one to change the oil tightened the hell out of the drain plug. I fought that sucker for a while and said enough before. Made a bigger mess of things. That was really frustrating as I felt like I got beat up later on in the day. At least I was able to get another project done successfully, so I was pleased with that.
This morning I enjoyed some Paleo waffles and uncurled bacon for breakfast and binge watched some Cobra Kai on tv. I finally got motivated to get off my ass and rode my bike.
73640AA0-FB10-414E-B4C2-AADBA80C9993.jpeg
0D060431-93B9-4E42-AEE5-32FB02401CDD.jpeg
8A738825-DA0C-4FA5-B172-F59DE53DD61E.png

Frank

Sasquatch
What a fun ride I had today, so good for the soul! I started out this morning feeling like a kid going back to school at the end of summer, only it's back to the lab tomorrow for me. But I was riding with @rottin' today so that was something I was looking forward to, so I had one more day of fun. Well I totally spaced that this was a holiday, easy to do when you dobt work, and I was surprised by the number of folks in the lot....actually, I shouldn't be because its packed all the time. I will remind all the Allaire haters when they bitch in n the future. Haha. Today I had another guest rider and that was @Norm , what a nice surprise as I have not seen Norm in a long time.

Brian had asked me about the Brisbane side as he hadn't ridden theee so I said "let's go there then" which we did and we all seemed to really enjoy the ride. I sure did!! These rides have meant so much to me and have pushed me to go out and fight. The only disappointment was that @Mitch and @poor were busy but we will do this again soon. Thanks Brian and Norm, you made my week. Now it's time for a nap.
Screenshot_20210118-155212_Strava.jpg
20210118_125639.jpg

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What a fun ride I had today, so good for the soul! I started out this morning feeling like a kid going back to school at the end of summer, only it's back to the lab tomorrow for me. But I was riding with @rottin' today so that was something I was looking forward to, so I had one more day of fun. Well I totally spaced that this was a holiday, easy to do when you dobt work, and I was surprised by the number of folks in the lot....actually, I shouldn't be because its packed all the time. I will remind all the Allaire haters when they bitch in n the future. Haha. Today I had another guest rider and that was @Norm , what a nice surprise as I have not seen Norm in a long time.

Brian had asked me about the Brisbane side as he hadn't ridden theee so I said "let's go there then" which we did and we all seemed to really enjoy the ride. I sure did!! These rides have meant so much to me and have pushed me to go out and fight. The only disappointment was that @Mitch and @poor were busy but we will do this again soon. Thanks Brian and Norm, you made my week. Now it's time for a nap.View attachment 149116View attachment 149117
Nice Frank!! Glad you had company. Is that really @Norm?? Someone buy him some O & B please......

Top Bottom