A Wookies return.....

Well my chemo week ended yesterday and I met with an old friend today to do a ride...sadly the rain cut the ride short, but it felt great to feel like I had more in the tank....I feel I'm getting stronger!!! So thanks to Montclair Bobby B for making the trek out to Allaire to ride with me....good times!!!View attachment 144562View attachment 144563
Frank: Absolutely thrilled to share a ride with you on Friday... Indeed you did look strong! Would love to come down again (with Natasha next time); maybe a group ride one Friday before Christmas??? Peace, brother 🤟👍 BobbyB

Today the neuropathy got me a lot more than usual.....at first I thought it was the cold, but now I think it’s the gripping of the bar and supporting my upper body that’s causing the numbness......something to work through I guess. I’m also quite nervous about my doc visit tomorrow, it’s off chemo week and he scheduled me for a visit and I can only assume it’s to discuss the results of my last CT scans from almost 3 weeks ago. I would assume if it was bad news I would have been contacted earlier to ramp up my treatment, but there is still the fear of the unknown.....say a prayer tonight for me please.
5CA2C0FE-A325-4825-9BEA-781BA1875219.jpeg
0FF92569-D63C-41A2-9568-2C652310E1AA.jpeg
3B5C7F3F-0556-473F-8C0C-F41003F434F9.jpeg
E14449EA-867A-4616-A34F-279AB1980485.png

Today the neuropathy got me a lot more than usual.....at first I thought it was the cold, but now I think it’s the gripping of the bar and supporting my upper body that’s causing the numbness......something to work through I guess. I’m also quite nervous about my doc visit tomorrow, it’s off chemo week and he scheduled me for a visit and I can only assume it’s to discuss the results of my last CT scans from almost 3 weeks ago. I would assume if it was bad news I would have been contacted earlier to ramp up my treatment, but there is still the fear of the unknown.....say a prayer tonight for me please. View attachment 144854View attachment 144855View attachment 144856View attachment 144857
Prayers pre-loaded for tonight batch execution, all systems are a go. Sending endless positive vibes as well.

I would tend to agree with your positive view, from what little direct experience I've had bad news tend to travel faster than the good ones.

Stay positive, stay strong and always f**k the bastard! You got this!

Today the neuropathy got me a lot more than usual.....at first I thought it was the cold, but now I think it’s the gripping of the bar and supporting my upper body that’s causing the numbness......something to work through I guess. I’m also quite nervous about my doc visit tomorrow, it’s off chemo week and he scheduled me for a visit and I can only assume it’s to discuss the results of my last CT scans from almost 3 weeks ago. I would assume if it was bad news I would have been contacted earlier to ramp up my treatment, but there is still the fear of the unknown.....say a prayer tonight for me please. View attachment 144854View attachment 144855View attachment 144856View attachment 144857
Hi Frank,
Glad to hear the good news. You're doing better with riding than I was when my chemo had just finished up 5 yrs ago. Went for a ride a month later with a friend on a really flat trail (Capoolong Creek Trail). Felt good for about 1/2 mile, then completely and totally bonked out. Turned around (with the bike in granny gear on flat ground mind you) and rode for about 200 ft before I could go no more. Picked out a tree about 150 ft away and told myself "... just make it to there". I would then struggle to get to that landmark and stop exhausted for a 2 minute rest before I could continue. That repeated itself over and over every 100ft or so until I got back to the car. Took me at least 1/2 hour to make the 1/2 mile trip back. Hated it, but kept at it whenever I could get a chance. At the time it felt the worst part of the whole cancer experience. Took me about 6 months to even get close to where I was prior to the chemo.

Really happy to see you back on the bike too. You are (and have been) in myself and Sue's prayers. Hope we see you on the trails sometime soon.

PS: Not sure you remember me, but I'm the guy you had to carry to your van when I broke my hip 3 yrs ago. Always grateful for the help you gave me back then.

Hi Frank,
Glad to hear the good news. You're doing better with riding than I was when my chemo had just finished up 5 yrs ago. Went for a ride a month later with a friend on a really flat trail (Capoolong Creek Trail). Felt good for about 1/2 mile, then completely and totally bonked out. Turned around (with the bike in granny gear on flat ground mind you) and rode for about 200 ft before I could go no more. Picked out a tree about 150 ft away and told myself "... just make it to there". I would then struggle to get to that landmark and stop exhausted for a 2 minute rest before I could continue. That repeated itself over and over every 100ft or so until I got back to the car. Took me at least 1/2 hour to make the 1/2 mile trip back. Hated it, but kept at it whenever I could get a chance. At the time it felt the worst part of the whole cancer experience. Took me about 6 months to even get close to where I was prior to the chemo.

Really happy to see you back on the bike too. You are (and have been) in myself and Sue's prayers. Hope we see you on the trails sometime soon.

PS: Not sure you remember me, but I'm the guy you had to carry to your van when I broke my hip 3 yrs ago. Always grateful for the help you gave me back then.
How could I forget you Bruce, not a chance.
so sorry to hear that you went through the big C crap.

My riding started that way....I would ride around my back yard wondering how I would ever ride the trails again...thankfully I am able to venture out and ride beyond the backyard now. Don’t get impression that I’m anywhere near what I was, I’m starting from the bottom again......but I’m enjoying it even more this time around.

Doc seems happy with my progress, scans are "good, very good." Now I just need to continue doing what I can to rebuild myself to the slow rider I once was......that's according @Mitch anyway.
AMAZING News! Soundz like you just need to work on being a strong, diesel engine and not a speedster. Kudos for riding in this cold weather!

Today I decided to do a fat road ride as I needed to visit my buddy Alex at Shore Cycling Sports.....great local shop. Then I ventured into Pt Pleasant and turned around to head home. Sadly, I didn't make it all the way and had to have the Mrs come get me. I managed 20 miles, so that's great for me now.
IMG_20201210_140356_939.jpg
Screenshot_20201210-162057_Strava.jpg
20201210_140300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom