6th Annual CRANKS AROUND THE CAMPFIRE 8/26-8/28/2016

Camping Questions? Are there assigned campsites or is it first come first sited. Are there picnic tables or should I bring a folding table if I want something to cook breakfast on. Camping is not complete without a big plate of scrambled eggs with cheese! Oh and coffee!
They are group camping sites that have a giant common fire pit, BBQs, and picnic tables. They are first come first serve. There are 14 group sites that accommodate hundreds so there is plenty of room. You can either be close to all the action or find a secluded spot off on your own. I'd bring a folding table just in case though.

Trying to make this weekend happen!

How intermediate are the intermediate rides? I LOVED the xc race this year, but that was a lot of doughnuts ago. I'm halfway decent at technical, but slower than skinny tires in sand. Off the back of the cat 2 women's field, but didn't die.

Trying to make this weekend happen!

How intermediate are the intermediate rides? I LOVED the xc race this year, but that was a lot of doughnuts ago. I'm halfway decent at technical, but slower than skinny tires in sand. Off the back of the cat 2 women's field, but didn't die.

The intermediate rides will be at a social pace with multiple stops to regroup and take a breather. They will also avoid the most technical terrain Allamuchy has to offer.

Hey Dan, can we get there whenever on Friday? I'm more than likely going to ride over from work and would get there pretty late.

Hey Dan, can we get there whenever on Friday? I'm more than likely going to ride over from work and would get there pretty late.
Yes, you can arrive anytime if by bike. It be best if anyone arriving by car does so by 9pm, 10pm at the latest. Really stoked to hear you are coming!

Excited to announce Ben Tufford of Cognition Endurance Sports Coaching will be joining us at Cranks Around the Campfire this weekend! He'll be offering multiple clinics throughout the weekend. Plan on joining him at 9am Saturday for a fundamental skills clinic. Perfect for sharpening and increasing your skill set for all the riding you'll be doing throughout the weekend. In the afternoon join him for a technical skills clinic ride. The ride will visit many of the technical features that have made Allamuchy North famous. The ride will stop before each section and Ben will give expert instruction on how to negotiate the technical section. Please check out Ben's website and FB page to learn more about his services and how he can help you take your riding to the next level!

https://www.facebook.com/CognitionEnduranceSportsCoaching?fref=ts

http://www.cognitioncoaching.net

Cognition.jpg

Directions

Mount Allamuchy Scout Reservation

750 Waterloo Road

Stanhope, NJ 07874

From I-80

Take Exit 25 (Route 206 North, Newton).
09som_facilities-9.jpg
Take the first ramp to the right. (Follow the Waterloo Village signs). Take the first right, just before the light, onto Continental Drive. Go to the end of Continental Drive and turn left onto Waterloo Road. The entrance to the camp is approximately one mile ahead on the right, approximately 300 hundred yards past the entrance to Waterloo Village.

NOTE: If you miss the first right hand turn after exiting I-80, don't panic! Proceed on US-206 past the Black Forest Inn, to the second traffic light. Turn left at this light onto Waterloo Road, and continue to camp.

From the east - NJ - 10

Follow NJ-10 West until it ends at US-46 in Ledgewood. Continue straight onto US-46 West and follow the US-46 directions below.

From the east - US-46

Follow US-46 West to the intersection of NJ-10 in Ledgewood. Continue West on US-46 approximately 1-1/2 miles up the hill, and take the exit for I-80 West. Continue on I-80 to Exit 25 and follow the directions from I -80 found above.

From the north - US-206

Follow US-206 south to Waterloo Road in Byram, NJ. At the intersection of Waterloo Road and US-206 there are signs to Allamuchy State Park and Waterloo Village. Turn right and follow Waterloo Road approximately 2.5 miles to the camp entrance on the right.

09whl_fac-15.jpg
Upon entering Mt. Allamuchy Scout Reservation

Watch for the Camp Wheeler / Kent Center sign. Continue straight ahead for Camp Somers and the main parking lot. If you make a right turn at the sign, you will head towards C.O.P.E and Camp Wheeler.

GPS or Google Maps

If using a GPS, the address 1 Camp Allamuchy Road, Stanhope NJ 07874 (or Andover NJ 07821) will take you to the Mt. Allamuchy Scout Reservation entrance. Click on the get directions link below the map for turn-by-turn directions from any location. The directions provided by the online mapping software may be somewhat different than the ones above.

View Larger Map / Get Directions

Just a reminder. We have professionally trained staff to watch your kids during group rides. Parents can ride together!

Back
Top Bottom