6th Annual CRANKS AROUND THE CAMPFIRE 8/26-8/28/2016

jackx

and a night ride :) Charge your lights :)

Sounds great. Any idea/recommendation on the minimum lumens? I think my light is 400 lumens, which may be fine in a group of other riders with lights. It might be a bit low for a solo ride in the woods though.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Princeton Tec usually has spare lights on hand, but 400 will probably be fine in a group setting.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sounds great. Any idea/recommendation on the minimum lumens? I think my light is 400 lumens, which may be fine in a group of other riders with lights. It might be a bit low for a solo ride in the woods though.
Princeton Tec usually has spare lights on hand, but 400 will probably be fine in a group setting.

One of our guys (from Princeton Tec). will be there. His name is Ryan. I won't be able to make it unfortunately as I'll be in upstate New York.

I don't believe Ryan is bringing any high powered bike lights. We haven't manufactured anything like that in quite a while. The kinds of lights he'll have with him are headlamps, lanterns, stuff for around camp and maybe some commuter bike lights.

Have fun!

phillychris498

would I be able to pay to go for one day, preferably the day that there's a day intermediate/advanced ride and te night ride? I'd love to go on one of these rides but can't spend the night

DanBrodeen

The Princeton Tec bike lights have always been great for anyone looking to check out night riding. Sure you could have brighter lights but they work just fine for our night rides. If you have never night rided before you should definitely check it out!

jackx

One of our guys (from Princeton Tec). will be there. His name is Ryan. I won't be able to make it unfortunately as I'll be in upstate New York.

I don't believe Ryan is bringing any high powered bike lights. We haven't manufactured anything like that in quite a while. The kinds of lights he'll have with him are headlamps, lanterns, stuff for around camp and maybe some commuter bike lights.

Have fun!
Cool. Thanks for the info!

JoeLee

I see ride descriptions include "novice" but I only see ONE Novice-level ride at all on the schedule and it's the "history' one. Is that accurate? The missus fears she may be too rusty for Intermediate.

DanBrodeen

I see ride descriptions include "novice" but I only see ONE Novice-level ride at all on the schedule and it's the "history' one. Is that accurate? The missus fears she may be too rusty for Intermediate.

Will post finalized schedule early next week. There will be multiple beginner and novice level rides. Kids will enjoy loops around our 60 acre lake on fire roads.

phillychris498

I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday- I have one last stupid question... it says that kids 18 and under ride free with an adult, so what if I'm under 18 but won't have an adult with me?

E.Iannacone

Camping Questions? Are there assigned campsites or is it first come first sited. Are there picnic tables or should I bring a folding table if I want something to cook breakfast on. Camping is not complete without a big plate of scrambled eggs with cheese! Oh and coffee!

Top Bottom