6 Mile Run Conditions

rick81721

Lothar
Thank you for being nice unlike the salty guy who called the kids a$$holes

Did they have a run-in with that crotchety old guy with the zz top beard and no helmet??

I also forgot to mention I saw the infamous muddy trail fatbike guy in the blue rav4 just driving out of the lot as I rode in. Some older Asian guy

Robin

@rick81721 the guy was older - clydesdale size. I think he may have had a beard/mustache. I think one of the campers said he was on a Kona. I passed him at one point and he didn't bark at me or my kids.

@Dingo I hate crossing Middlebush - I won't do it during NICA season/practice as it's rush hour.

anyhow - kudos @jdog on the work - also noticed some new trail over off white/Jacques.

Dingo

@rick81721 the guy was older - clydesdale size.

@Dingo I hate crossing Middlebush - I won't do it during NICA season/practice as it's rush hour.

How about a photo of you with the kids at the crossing. The Freeholders love stuff with children involved, so this would be a perfect example to show how important it really is.

Kangdoy

Accuweather says 51% thunderstorms around 1AM. Was wondering if SixMile was dry enough that the possible rain wouldn't affect the trails for a morning ride tomorrow? Took the day off and was hoping for a 10AM start as it looks like possible thunderstorms around 3-4PM tomorrow...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
^^ i'll agree with that - be ready to turn around and head somewhere else. Then not a big deal if you need to go to cushetunk or ride the canal.

maybe we'll get lucky and someone will report in with early recon.

02camaro

Accuweather says 51% thunderstorms around 1AM. Was wondering if SixMile was dry enough that the possible rain wouldn't affect the trails for a morning ride tomorrow? Took the day off and was hoping for a 10AM start as it looks like possible thunderstorms around 3-4PM tomorrow...

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNJHILLS40

here is a weather underground link to one of the closest weather stations to 6mr, check this before your ride if no precipitation send it. conditions tonight were amazing if no rain, tomorrow will be awesome too.

even though im about 7 miles away i still check this link since we have been getting really spotty storms

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Alittle dusty in the fields but perfect anywhere there is cover. The tree/vine tangle that is down at the end of the little trail from the 27 lot to the double track got me on the way back as I dismounted, lifted front wheel and at the same time hit my helmet on a low hanger, which jammed my forehead into my light on my bars. Lol. So stupid. GET IT before the rains
9D8F8B53-8FDC-4E28-9CDE-924E8F16B684.jpeg

Last edited:

Monstarider

Jdog, thNk you for finding that, was out last night went to switch on my helmet light to find the battery popped off. Thankfully I had my handlebar light to finish the ride. Was out there last night with Jim Vreeland from hilltop Bicycles.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions