6 Mile Run Conditions

Grampaaah

****WARNING****
Just rode this morning and a very large tree fell right where i circled in blue. this happened between 9-930am. The tree was standing when I went out and when I came back it was blocking the trail
This tree does not look like it is done falling, it is rotted and hollowed out, there is more to the trunk and it is just up hill of the trail meaning it could fall on anyone passing by.
I do not recommend trying to climb over the downed tree go back and take the fire road to the 27 lot. The ground and tree look very unstable

DRpoolittle

I was also out riding yesterday morning, saw the tree @Grampaaah mentioned as well as a tree down towards the beginning of the parking lot just before the first split

Attachments

• 6miruntree_LI.jpg
    6miruntree_LI.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 135

grampaaah2

So I dont have a chainsaw, but I am down to help any body that does have one so that we can clear the downed tree and maybe fall the rest of the standing tree. Hopefully to make that trail safe again as it is a really fun section

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I dont have a chainsaw, but I am down to help any body that does have one so that we can clear the downed tree and maybe fall the rest of the standing tree. Hopefully to make that trail safe again as it is a really fun section

I got this and it comes in handy

https://www.greenworkstools.com/shop-by-tool/chainsaws/40v-16inch-cordless-brushless-chainsaw-kit

Very convenient, much quieter, and very capable. I've cleared some good sized trees with this thing. Throw it in a backpack and away it goes.... ;)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions