6 Mile Run Conditions

New segment on red by canal, that big tree won't be bothering anyone anymore! Just got done raking it
IMG_20190712_153537486.jpg
IMG_20190712_153933674.jpg
IMG_20190712_154220220.jpg
, I'll be back in a few days to finish it off better but it needs to be ridden in.

Thanks @jdog for laying it out and cutting it!

Is there anyone that meets the following to help trim the blue?:
Rides six mile often
Lives within a few miles
Is retired
Owns a Silky Saw

It is really tight by the metal bridge.

Anyways, dusty in the fields, magic where every there is foliage. The dirt on the white trail was awesome this morning.

Last edited:
Is there anyone that meets the following to help trim the blue?:
Rides six mile often
Lives within a few miles
Is retired
Owns a Silky Saw

It is really tight by the metal bridge.

Anyways, dusty in the fields, magic where every there is foliage. The dirt on the white trail was awesome this morning.
not retired, but lives 15 mins away, has silky saw and rides there often. what needs to get done? ill see if i can do something tomorrow

not retired, but lives 15 mins away, has silky saw and rides there often. what needs to get done? ill see if i can do something tomorrow

Blue needs a haircut approaching the steel bridge. Best bet is a weed whacker with blade

Blue needs a haircut approaching the steel bridge. Best bet is a weed whacker with blade
Yeah, I use my silky as a machete. It 100% changed my TM work. Ride to wherever with silky in bib liner, trim for 20 min, keep riding. I trash blades this way as you inevitably hit some thicker stuff swinging it, but it is well worth the price of replacement. Also, can cut 8-10” logs with the 230mm ones.

Taking heavier equipment requires planning and getting it there.

This location is close to middlebush, so not a big deal, but for locations further in, perfect.

i have one of these jobbers think it can handle some brush or only hedges?
View attachment 99981

that will do it -
if you want to drive into 77 blackwells mills, and go around back - that is where the boardwalk is on blue.
could take a couple feet off each side. Just be nice if a cop shows up.

can park in the driveway at the south middlebush entrance too. maybe leave a note in the window on where you are,
and a phone number.

wear basic protection to look more pro. that always helps.

and Thanks!

more tips available from Wild Bill

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions