6 Mile Run Conditions

jklett

Face slappers like whoa. Deep puddles like whoa. I will get out as I can over the next few weeks, but anyone with a folding shovel can drain puddles as they see fit.
I didn't know I was allowed use a shovel, I'll get in there and try to clear some of the pits and slappers in the next few days.

TPI_Elky

I didn't know I was allowed use a shovel, I'll get in there and try to clear some of the pits and slappers in the next few days.

I didn't know either. What's the technique for clearing? dig a drainage channel? Fill the center?

jklett

I didn't know either. What's the technique for clearing? dig a drainage channel? Fill the center?
Depends on the situation. Generally I will try to dig a channel to lower ground so it won't collect water but if that's not possible I would think filling would be the answer. If I can't figure it out I will ask someone more knowledgeable and do what they say.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Depends on the situation. Generally I will try to dig a channel to lower ground so it won't collect water but if that's not possible I would think filling would be the answer. If I can't figure it out I will ask someone more knowledgeable and do what they say.
If reasonable, create a path for the standing water to flow off the trail until the puddle is completely dry. Then fill the cavity with dry soil from a few feet off of the trail tread. The idea is to make any new rain want to shed off the trail vs sit on it.

Much of the time this isn’t possible, so do what you can.

In years past I’ve filled all these mud holes with good success, but this year the rain has made this worse.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
If reasonable, create a path for the standing water to flow off the trail until the puddle is completely dry. Then fill the cavity with dry soil from a few feet off of the trail tread .

I have found that if you fill the dried up hole with a mix of nearby soil and sandy/gravelly material (such as from a nearby stream) the spot percolates better. Suggest using sand from above the water line so as not to create siltation for any fish in the area.

Ian F

I have an 80v Kobalt trimmer that also takes standard trimmer accessories (I have a blower, chain saw and hedge trimmer add-ons). It's been awesome over the last 2+ years.

Last edited:

Piston Honda

FYI - Canal parking lot had a steady 15-20 minutes of rain around 7pm. I left and saw standing puddles at the entrance of blue. Don't know about the rest of the trails faired.

jklett

I got caught out in that on foot, had my buddy pick me up on Blackwell's by Middlebush and it was already sticking to my boots so I'd give it to at least the afternoon. I didn't see any running water though but I'll bet some of the mud bogs came back(I got a couple and someone else got a couple but there were some that'll take some planning to fix).

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Hero dirt and villain roots. Perfect ass dirt this morning, super slick roots. Should be amazing balls aft 10. I took the red out from 27 and then cut out the one annoying 6" log over before you drop into the bridge with the really over grown section below. I ended up trimming from that bridge to the @alex_k highway. It isn't all as extensive as the two pictures below, but got all the hangers and 75% of it is trimmed back about 1' on either side of the trail. Spent more time trimming than expected, so only crossed over middlebush to hit the grade reversal bumps and then took the red back on 27: Hey Sista, Soul Sista, Gotta get that Flow Sista
2C81A956-7581-448B-8D63-85D0B978A6CD.jpeg
68B5C413-BB4F-4ED8-ACDC-7E791FD7DB3F.jpeg
F9FA72A9-E178-48DA-9F7F-7D2856D7EC3B.jpeg

Attachments

• EB84D908-C3CA-4D36-98E0-EF0D43F8AFC6.jpeg
    EB84D908-C3CA-4D36-98E0-EF0D43F8AFC6.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

grampaaah2

I am thinking about trying to do a TM session if anyone is interested in helping in the next day or so, ,ostlikely in the 7 or 8am.

The concrete bridge keeps getting the tubes that go underneath it clogged with debris and I was thinking about bring some tools and trying to clear them out so that we dont get spill over during the next big rain

Anyone down? I figure it should only take 30 minutes or so with 2+ people with some stone rakes, maybe a saw and crowbar

Also does anyone know where I could park that would be close to the stone bridge? I am probably going to be walking to it.

1562160345462.png

1562160943873.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I am thinking about trying to do a TM session if anyone is interested in helping in the next day or so, ,ostlikely in the 7 or 8am.

The concrete bridge keeps getting the tubes that go underneath it clogged with debris and I was thinking about bring some tools and trying to clear them out so that we dont get spill over during the next big rain

Anyone down? I figure it should only take 30 minutes or so with 2+ people with some stone rakes, maybe a saw and crowbar

Also does anyone know where I could park that would be close to the stone bridge? I am probably going to be walking to it.

View attachment 98818
View attachment 98821

go for it! be careful.

park off south middlebush, at the end of April Ln, walk down property to water, then up to bridge (around the back of the pond)
https://goo.gl/maps/gwBQ8Q44KyEnDAJf7

please pick-up any garbage that has accumulated in the yard as a nice gesture for access.

grampaaah2

go for it! be careful.

park off south middlebush, at the end of April Ln, walk down property to water, then up to bridge (around the back of the pond)
https://goo.gl/maps/gwBQ8Q44KyEnDAJf7

please pick-up any garbage that has accumulated in the yard as a nice gesture for access.

Is there trail access from that spot or will I have to walk on someone's property? If so should I ring the bell 1st just to let them know what I am doing/

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions