6 Mile Run Conditions

Don't troll the new guy.....stick to beating on Yngwie

-----

I suspect the conditions will be highly variable. Good wind today to dry things out.
Be ready to bail if it is muddy.

Don't troll the new guy.....stick to beating on Yngwie

-----

I suspect the conditions will be highly variable. Good wind today to dry things out.
Be ready to bail if it is muddy.

I concur. Tacky in spots, slick in spots, swamped in spots.

If you bring your downhill bike, full face helmet, and Bluetooth Speaker...it'll be fine.
Don’t forget to bring your dog, unleashed of course. Fido needs to shred too.

But seriously, it is probably shitty since it rained most of Thursday in CNJ. Would need to get there early enough to beat the thaw.

The key here is “be ready to bail“. No “I drove all the way here and I’m getting a trail ride in”. If this is you just drive to RV.

We all know it’s too wet to enjoy this place by bike these days.. why not come out and lend a hand with a little new trail ?

Was as good as it gets early this am. Steady overnight temps into the 20s and overcast at dawn worked their magic as expected.

Did blue, white and red up until the concrete bridge.

Two trees down on blue both within a mile after the steel bridge.

A80C36AD-D019-4FC7-82D0-40CDEDB3099A.jpeg

Was kicking myself for not bringing my Silky. Would’ve made short work of both.

0FB35F50-9337-4273-8EC1-61106AC19DFE.jpeg

Lube up before attempting this infamous ride.

ED93491F-B498-4AB4-B766-EBCBE3B73358.jpeg

Concrete bridge is starting to clog up again. Will need to pay a visit soon... maybe on a warmer day.

AB6DDF16-6879-4A98-8EE9-32DBBF72BEB1.jpeg

8FF62392-8488-4FC8-AFAB-7CDECF56FDF7.jpeg

Finished up after 8 and things were still solid. i think today was the least dirty one of my bikes has ever looked after a ride at 6MR or any other park. After shot below.

61EAF851-E5CA-4E55-B1AA-4D5132AFD681.jpeg

Was as good as it gets early this am. Steady overnight temps into the 20s and overcast at dawn worked their magic as expected.

Did blue, white and red up until the concrete bridge.

Two trees down on blue both within a mile after the steel bridge.

View attachment 207175

Was kicking myself for not bringing my Silky. Would’ve made short work of both.

View attachment 207176

Lube up before attempting this infamous ride.

View attachment 207177

Concrete bridge is starting to clog up again. Will need to pay a visit soon... maybe on a warmer day.

View attachment 207178

View attachment 207180

Finished up after 8 and things were still solid. i think today was the least dirty one of my bikes has ever looked after a ride at 6MR or any other park. After shot below.

View attachment 207179
What’s the smallest size Silky you could get away with to clear trees that size; 150? I’d like to have one in my pack for emergencies.

I carry a Super Accel 21 (210mm blade) when riding, it has an overall length of 240mm & weighs 200g. It's big enough for anything I'd want to interrupt a ride to cut.
If I'm heading out to cut something bigger I'll take the 300mm Gomboy (overall length 330mm & 330g), or both if I'm concerned of getting the blade pinched.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions