27.5+ dying??

FatTaco

Or internally routed anything, really. Well, except for dropper cables.
Agree. So stupid. So if I want to swap brakes i now need to dismantle a perfectly bled set of brakes to get the lines out of the frame and destroy the brake lines because i have to cut the ends off to,get them out. Then Install new set and bleed them. So dumb. I really cannot believe someone engineered it that way.

TimBay

Internal routing looks pretty cool though. I think it's canyon that has the cool plastic piece on the down tube that doubles as hidden routing/frame protector. That's the best of both worlds as it's removable.

jackx

Or internally routed anything, really. Well, except for dropper cables.
I would assume the same concern goes for internally-routed hydraulic dropper seat-posts, unless they have the thingamajig connector on the RockShox Reverb.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Agree. So stupid. So if I want to swap brakes i now need to dismantle a perfectly bled set of brakes to get the lines out of the frame and destroy the brake lines because i have to cut the ends off to,get them out. Then Install new set and bleed them. So dumb. I really cannot believe someone engineered it that way.

I just changed the brakes on my bike so I am particularly irritated with internal routing right now. The installation could not have gone better as I have the sram double ended.....ummmm.....barbed tool for pulling new lines which makes it easy, but yeah, still a terrible experience. Then after one ride I decided to trim the hoses a little for aesthetic reasons. Needless to say I have become pretty good at bleeding brakes...

pygmypony

I just changed the brakes on my bike so I am particularly irritated with internal routing right now. The installation could not have gone better as I have the sram double ended.....ummmm.....barbed tool for pulling new lines which makes it easy, but yeah, still a terrible experience. Then after one ride I decided to trim the hoses a little for aesthetic reasons. Needless to say I have become pretty good at bleeding brakes...
will remember this next time i need to swap brakes!

thegock

Are Citibikes 27.5? Asking for @pygmypony

IMG_20200303_074623_01-01.jpeg

MikeP

the bike industry is fickle, 29, then 27.5, then 27plus. 11 speed then quickly onto 12 speed and don't even get me started with rim widths. Ride what you like. I'm more than happy to ride my Timberjack 27plus and like riding a 29er FS bike as well. Different types of bikes switch things up and keep things fresh.

uh oh, did those of us who bought into 27.5+ bikes pull the equivalent of buying into betamax?

https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-ne...e-continuing-to-push-27-5-out-of-the-picture/
Fake News. Depends on ur size, and what terrain ur riding on. Just sold my Fuel EX9 29'er. Yeah, fast on flats, but not too many flats at my home park of Allaire. When u get in the fast tur y stuff, a 29'er sucks. 27.5x2.60 is the optimal tire size for me where I ride. Just sayin'.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Fake news! Depends how tall u r, what ur riding conditions are, etc. For me, a 29'er was just to big. Yeah it was fast on the flats, but sucked in the tight, twisty stuff. 27.5x2.6 is perfect for me. Got rid of my fat bike too. Love my Remedy 9.8.

chatbot? the wheels in france stays mainly off the coast.

Top Bottom