26 vs. 29er conclusion!!!

smufguy

If I am correct, higher the seating position, the greater the roll center and so is the greater distance between the roll center and center of gravity. This is with the rider ontop of the bike kinda measurement, which results in instability around corners.

So with the 29inch wheels (or bigger.........) yeah you could ride over obstacles with no problem, but when the twisties get twisty, the side to side instability becomes obvious doesn't it?

IMO, I would like to be in a bike that gets me stable around corners and not just enable to climb over rocks and roots. Bigger tires might be great for Crank to wheel rotation ratios on a roadbike, but I am not too sure if that translates to the mountain biking scene that well.

Maybe to better explain myself, I should rent a full squish 29er for a test ride.... :hmmm:

bruce.b

Dickwad
If I am correct, higher the seating position, the greater the roll center and so is the greater distance between the roll center and center of gravity. This is with the rider ontop of the bike kinda measurement, which results in instability around corners.
:hmmm:

? Hmmm, no.

bruce

brybry57

instead of you internet Einstein's talking about angles that you know nothing about and position that you don't ride in i'll break it down :

-Big wheels do not handle well in the air like the smaller wheels do, they act like sails
-if you ride a 29er you probably can not jump in the first place
-you wont beat my bike that has a 21 inch front and a 19 inch back

Robson

instead of you internet Einstein's talking about angles that you know nothing about and position that you don't ride in i'll break it down :

-Big wheels do not handle well in the air like the smaller wheels do, they act like sails
-if you ride a 29er you probably can not jump in the first place
-you wont beat my bike that has a 21 inch front and a 19 inch back

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

gtluke

The Moped
all you fags should just ride what I ride now so you can argue either side you want ;)
It's actually fucking awesome. Wish they made a higher end model like a top fuel out of this setup but man this is a really nice rig for my local trails.
topfuel69er_black.jpg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I had an 81 el camino:
3774590002_medium.jpg

and I actually saw it a couple of days ago:
98afe8be.jpg

I miss that thing.

rwix15

Just ride what you want.

You will hear some people say....
"Going to a 29" wheel is compensating for something.
And, some will say, "Silly Rabbit, 26 is for kids".
But, just pay no attention to it.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Sadly, due to outrageous performance gains, the hood was placed back on for street driving.

2671280036_medium.jpg

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Some people say "ride a 29er if you want to be King of Earth". Others will say "ride 26" if you love the Devil".

Pearl owned a car that could have been his dad its so old...get it? Cause its old.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you have a write-up for the hood removal mod? That looks so hot and with the weight savings I can probably beat stock mustangs on the street.

I would say the lack of an engine is a far better performance mod than the lack of a hood. :D

what did you replace the dead 305 with pearl?

Top Bottom