2023 edition 31/31 / Halters cycles / MTBNJ Ride Every Day Contest For bragging rights and more. NOW with 21/31 option

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Here we are for yet another edition of the ever popular 31/31

This may seem like an easy task.. but trust me, it's tough.

Here are the rules:
  1. You need to ride your bike every day, outside, for at least 1 hour
  2. The ride needs to be on Strava
  3. It's recommended to join THIS HERE GROUP on Strava as well
  4. You need to post it to this thread on MTBNJ
  5. You will need to be a member of the MTBNJ forum in order to do the previous step
  6. You need to be a JORBA member in good standing on July 31st, 2023
  7. On rule #1 - maybe you don't need to ride every day after all...
  8. The Mulligan Rule. Each rider in this competition will be granted on e (1) Mulligan. This means that you are allowed to miss a single day and make it up later. However, you need to make it up by doing one (1) ride of 1+ hour in addition to one (1) TM session of 1+ hour on the same day. You will need to convince the event organizers that your TM efforts are legit in order for this to count
9. New this year: 21/31 option. As requested, this option will allow you to take some time off and allow those with other commitments to stay in the game. Still shoot for the 31, but know that this will be your fall back. More details of 21/31 may follow, but for now i've added this to increase participation. Prizes may or may not apply. For now, its all for the glory. For those shooting for 21/31 to start, try to make these days all trail days with an emphasis on trail variety. Try and hit as may parks as possible and not just the same spots you always hit. No mulligans here. 21/31

10. Photo contest: Lets see you best trail side pics using IG and this thread. Please use the tags. #mtbnj21/31 #mtbnj31/31 #halterscycles #mtbnj #jorba #rideeveryday

Prizes:

Most hrs ridden total in JULY 22 : $150 Halters Gift cert

Ride at least 1 hr daily (every day) in the month of July $50 Gift cert for (for the first 25 people who show proof of the completed challenge after aug 15 2023)

It's that simple. Ride bike, post to forum, be a JORBA member in good standing. That's it. Really.

This thread will act as a photo journal with a photo if something interesting from each day's ride.

fine print : Don't cheat. Find that Hr doing whatever it takes to make it happen. Riding inside does not count. Road riding does count, but on trail hours are really the focus here.

Extra karma point for sharing this hour with someone who isn't an avid cyclist.

Those who chose may donate their GC to: Jorba, NICA NJ or a NicaNJ student athlete chosen at random

**Specifications are subject to change

Best of luck to all those who take on this challenge

J

Serious question as I was just outside during my lunch break.
1688059636682.png

With the AQI issues continuing, adding a ruling for days like this may be necessary. I'm not looking to avoid riding outside, but if the index looks like above, I would not.

i will aim to do the 21+ days... unfortunately, i already know i'll have a few days of traveling NC <----> NJ where i won't be able to bike those days.

P.S. air quality rules might be a good idea.

I would like to also instantiate a Sprained Ego rule, where I get to count a day as a ride regardless if I ride.

Also, travel should count. Like long car rides, or flights. Boats can eat it. Trains totally ok.

And I would like to start seeded with 1000 miles and hours, or whatever you are using to track.

Here we are for yet another edition of the ever popular 31/31
This may seem like an easy task.. but trust me, it's tough.

Here are the rules:
  1. You need to ride your bike every day, outside, for at least 1 hour
  2. The ride needs to be on Strava
  3. It's recommended to join THIS HERE GROUP on Strava as well
  4. You need to post it to this thread on MTBNJ
  5. You will need to be a member of the MTBNJ forum in order to do the previous step
  6. You need to be a JORBA member in good standing on July 31st, 2023
  7. On rule #1 - maybe you don't need to ride every day after all...
  8. The Mulligan Rule. Each rider in this competition will be granted on e (1) Mulligan. This means that you are allowed to miss a single day and make it up later. However, you need to make it up by doing one (1) ride of 1+ hour in addition to one (1) TM session of 1+ hour on the same day. You will need to convince the event organizers that your TM efforts are legit in order for this to count
9. New this year: 21/31 option. As requested, this option will allow you to take some time off and allow those with other commitments to stay in the game. Still shoot for the 31, but know that this will be your fall back. More details of 21/31 may follow, but for now i've added this to increase participation. Prizes may or may not apply. For now, its all for the glory. For those shooting for 21/31 to start, try to make these days all trail days with an emphasis on trail variety. Try and hit as may parks as possible and not just the same spots you always hit. No mulligans here. 21/31

10. Photo contest: Lets see you best trail side pics using IG and this thread. Please use the tags. #mtbnj21/31 #mtbnj31/31 #halterscycles #mtbnj #jorba #rideeveryday

Prizes:

Most hrs ridden total in JULY 22 : $150 Halters Gift cert

Ride at least 1 hr daily (every day) in the month of July $50 Gift cert for (for the first 25 people who show proof of the completed challenge after aug 15 2023)

It's that simple. Ride bike, post to forum, be a JORBA member in good standing. That's it. Really.

This thread will act as a photo journal with a photo if something interesting from each day's ride.

fine print : Don't cheat. Find that Hr doing whatever it takes to make it happen. Riding inside does not count. Road riding does count, but on trail hours are really the focus here.

Extra karma point for sharing this hour with someone who isn't an avid cyclist.

Those who chose may donate their GC to: Jorba, NICA NJ or a NicaNJ student athlete chosen at random

Best of luck to all those who take on this challenge
In for 31. Last year was great. Im ignoring the big red letters of 9. for now.
**Specifications are subject to change

Day one. Legendary James Pearl/the Moots derailer hanger does not pass the hand bending test/still smiling though.

Attachments

• 68182F58-E470-4D58-8727-790F843F7B67.jpeg
    68182F58-E470-4D58-8727-790F843F7B67.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 7DBB960D-5986-48C0-9797-602041A81FFE.jpeg
    7DBB960D-5986-48C0-9797-602041A81FFE.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 30869A28-2380-4083-AAB9-767806D5CE9D.jpeg
    30869A28-2380-4083-AAB9-767806D5CE9D.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 624CABE8-8AF2-4A82-ADA6-6F7719797B88.jpeg
    624CABE8-8AF2-4A82-ADA6-6F7719797B88.jpeg