2021 Pro Gravity Schedule

How the hell do we watch world champs?
Is this the usual broadcasting issue we have every year with Red Bull ? I can't believe it's already that time. I accidentally continued to pay for the VPN service for months after the special price trial period had expired, not doing that again. I'm going to see if I can use the VPN that comes with Norton or something else...

Is this the usual broadcasting issue we have every year with Red Bull ? I can't believe it's already that time. I accidentally continued to pay for the VPN service for months after the special price trial period had expired, not doing that again. I'm going to see if I can use the VPN that comes with Norton or something else...
No, Red Bull’s feed is Geo restricted for this race. You can get it on flo (which I don’t have).

No, Red Bull’s feed is Geo restricted for this race. You can get it on flo (which I don’t have).
So it's exactly the same issue, you get a VPN and access it from another country. No need to use flo (whatever that is).

I think this year winner is SurfShark with a 30 days free trial and some good reviews. I just need to cancel soon after the race.

Yeah same shit as last year. I found a way then but I forgot and now it's upon us. I really want to watch the short track from the other day as well.

Yeah same shit as last year. I found a way then but I forgot and now it's upon us. I really want to watch the short track from the other day as well.
I'm going to try ShurfShark when I get home later today. Just install the a VPN of choice and select as source one of the countries that are not blocked. I can't remember which one I selected last year, it took a few test but I found one eventually...

BTW, since the denim destroyer seems to be out of commission (whatever happened to him, it's been a while) this year I am throwing national pride aside and routing for the G.O.A.T. due to age closeness (well, closer than anybody else racing with a winning chance that is, I m still way older than him).

The RedBull feed is geo-restricted in a lot of countries, so it'd probably be a good idea to check which countries they actually CAN broadcast first.

I tried a VPN last year, but it was so flakey I'm not sure I want to bother this year. Plus, I tentative plans to go riding on Sunday so I won't be home anyway.

The RedBull feed is geo-restricted in a lot of countries, so it'd probably be a good idea to check which countries they actually CAN broadcast first.

I tried a VPN last year, but it was so flakey I'm not sure I want to bother this year. Plus, I tentative plans to go riding on Sunday so I won't be home anyway.
The list of 'open' countries is on the Geo Limited info page on RedBull.tv https://www.redbull.com/int-en/even...uci-mtb-world-champs-2021-stream-restrictions

The first country of the list is actually Afghanistan, I think is just appropriate to spend a second to reflect on the memory of those lost as well as the ones still in peril there and all their families. It's messed up how we can be here comfortably discussing 1st world's problems such as how to watch the DH World Championship while others have, are being or will be killed and their families deeply affected. I will refrain from any political comment because it would be both inappropriate and untimely at this time.

I think this time I'll go either with Germany or Korea.

Ditto on the flakey VPN, but last year it was better when I actually switched to an actual VPN instead of just using the VPN embedded with Opera.

I shelled the $59 for a 2 years VPN for $2.49/month (but you pay the full amount in a $59 installment), fully refundable for 30 days. It works, so far flawlessly, from Germany. Watching XC right now. Not sure if I am cancelling at the end of the WC or keeping it for 2 years...I have a little time to decide. They all seem to use he same model so if you want to watch the races looks like you need to spend some money and remember to get the refund back at the end of the trial.

Update. I'm an idiot. Norton has a built in VPN that allows you to select the country where you connect to. It work well too. The only reason to keep SurfShark a few days now is because it allows access on unlimited devices, so I could use on my phone and work laptop, which would allow me to watch on my living room tv without moving my desktop.

Also another warning, in order to cancel you subscription you need to contact the SurfShark support team, so if you don't want to do that (and I suspect they will be pushing for you not to cancel), you may want to consider not taking that option.

Last edited:
Loophole! GCN+ has it live!!!
Really? I was under the impression that would be geo-restricted as well.

Opera... I had forgotten why I had that browser loaded... I'll have to see if it still works when I get home... GCN+ as well. Thanks 👍

Really? I was under the impression that would be geo-restricted as well.

Opera... I had forgotten why I had that browser loaded... I'll have to see if it still works when I get home... GCN+ as well. Thanks 👍
They have messed up with the Geo restriction before, haha,

Red Bull, Italian female riders in a kitchen preparing pasta on a mandolin musical background ?!?!? Wow. Just wow! In Val di Sole they don't even know what a mandolin is!

Back
Top Bottom