2021 Pro Gravity Schedule

DownhillR3

May head to Snowshoe and truck camp in the Rooftoptent. Anyone have driveway spot, I'll gladly pay. :)

Miss the days of easy access to the World Cup at Windham.
Also the days when EU Pro's came to the US Open 10+ years ago.
Days before social and smartphone; driving Fairclough and Neethling to our local parties on Friday and Saturday nights were memories I'll never forget.

ebarker9

May head to Snowshoe and truck camp in the Rooftoptent. Anyone have driveway spot, I'll gladly pay. :)

Miss the days of easy access to the World Cup at Windham.
Also the days when EU Pro's came to the US Open 10+ years ago.
Days before social and smartphone; driving Fairclough and Neethling to our local parties on Friday and Saturday nights were memories I'll never forget.

Used to be pretty stacked fields at the US Open. Sam Hill, Fairclough, Bryn Atkinson, Neethling, Stevie Smith, the Athertons etc. I remember watching Brendan and Sam on the IndyCross course the first year I went up which blew my mind.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Used to be pretty stacked fields at the US Open. Sam Hill, Fairclough, Bryn Atkinson, Neethling, Stevie Smith, the Athertons etc. I remember watching Brendan and Sam on the IndyCross course the first year I went up which blew my mind.
I met Sam and brendan one year when they came to campmor in paramus for a little promotion. Signed my iron horse xc bike. Couldn't understand a word sam was saying.

Really wish I could have met Stevie. My son and I have watched his wins and his part in Roam so many times. Seemed like such a great guy.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
ESC downhill and enduro schedules now out. Finals at creek again in october.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-201612_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-201612_Chrome.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 91

ebarker9

Really wish I could have met Stevie. My son and I have watched his wins and his part in Roam so many times. Seemed like such a great guy.

Yeah, watched that segment a million times as well. I was behind him in the Mountain Creek lift line one of the first years that he was on Devinci and there were a few guys asking him about his bike, commenting that it "looked heavy", and and just generally being know it all mountain bike bros. In spite of that, he couldn't have been nicer to them.

Ian F

I met Sam and brendan one year when they came to campmor in paramus for a little promotion. Signed my iron horse xc bike. Couldn't understand a word sam was saying.

I was fortunate to meet Stevie at Windham and he was nice enough to sign my event poster.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Yeah, watched that segment a million times as well. I was behind him in the Mountain Creek lift line one of the first years that he was on Devinci and there were a few guys asking him about his bike, commenting that it "looked heavy", and and just generally being know it all mountain bike bros. In spite of that, he couldn't have been nicer to them.
My son rides that bike -- a devinci wilson 26" wheels. And its heavy but it rides so nice.

Not surprised to hear he was super cool. What a loss.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Maybe I'm just not understanding it. But with riders and crew having vaccines and no spectators, it seems like they could have done it.

Ian F

Psyched for leogang! Let's do a pool. Everyone write out your expected podium. I'll do mine later tonight but I will have an American in my top 5.
Keep it secret or post it here?

My understanding the cancellation of Fort Bill was due to not being able to effectively organize it and/or be sure accommodations for the riders and crew would be achievable. It's not just the race, but the logistics. The dozens of people working behind the scenes at the venue (often for very little $) to make it happen. It's also possible that without paying spectators they couldn't make it work financially.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Leogang looks like it may be a muddy mess. Again. So who's going with Reece for the repeat win?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210608-162110_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-162110_Weather.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 86

Ian F

Damn... that does kinda suck. But it does make the race a bit of a wild card. Maybe Reese will do well again? But I vaguely remember hearing the course won't be quite the same and might be better for the mud? We shall see on Sat.

In the meantime, Dialed Season 3, Ep 1 & 2 are up:

Ian F

Bernard Kerr posted a pretty good track walk video (second half of the video; first half is setting up the Pivot pit).

Top Bottom