10 Tips To Avoid Looking Like Cycling n00b

I don't get the 'no camelback' thing. If I'm going out for 2 or more hours in the summer than just 2 bottles on the bike is not enough. Yeah it's hot on my back, but enough water and not having to stop on a 40 or more mile ride makes up for it.
But I shave my legs :D so do they cancel each other out !?

plz. return the thread to it's intended course after this post...

Yeti, your signature reminds me of a sign that used to be outside a butcher shop in the Poconos..... Sobers....You Cant Beat Our Meat

People complained...they had to take it down.

Cuz Camelbaks are for mountain bikes. Guess that's why I never get waved back to on my roadie when I ride with the Camelbak, hairy legs, helmet with visor.
I don't know how you go out for a 40-50 miler with 2 bottles in the summer. I just about drain my mule on those rides.

I don't know how you go out for a 40-50 miler with 2 bottles in the summer. I just about drain my mule on those rides.

That's why you refuel at a convience store during ride, thats the best part of ride. Walking into the local zippy mart in spandex shorts and bike shoes;)

I did that once after a slopfest of a ride at 6 mile with the added benefit of it being so muddy that my wheel slipped off a log ride (not sure why I tried, figured it couldn't get worse...wrong) and I hit it chin first and bashed it open. I walked into wawa with blood all over my face covered in what had to be like 5 pounds of mud with the only clean spot on my body being my eyes which were covered with mud crusted shades. At the same time a roadie type rolled in with his lycra and team jersey and gave me the dirtiest scoffy look I've ever received from another biker. I just grinned back and waved, he didn't wave back ;p I should have asked him if he wanted to form a paceline for the ride home.

Riding on the road is awesome fun, I just don't take the common cyclist too seriously when they get thick headed about gear/activities (tires, jerseys, shaving legs etcs).

But Camelbak makes a low profile road model - the Rocket, and it works great. I actually got my wife (who's small) one for mtn biking because it's very stable and dosn't sway around on her and she loves it.
As for stopping, Iggy, not stopping is the point. I don't want my ride route dictated by convienence store stops. I road ride alone and I like my rides to be a continous effort with no stops.

Speaking of etiquette - do I spy a blend of Campy and Shimano shifters?!?!?! :2guns:

Yea sometimes ppl can get carried away w/ etiquette. I think the biggest thing is to be considerate of others and be safe. Especially on the road.

419231780_gUJHa-L.jpg

plz. return the thread to it's intended course after this post...

Yeti, your signature reminds me of a sign that used to be outside a butcher shop in the Poconos..... Sobers....You Cant Beat Our Meat

People complained...they had to take it down.

there is a chicken place in woodbridge and its slogan is "if there is a better peice of chicken the rooster already has it"

Shimano makes a brake lever, but no question, the campy one is swankier (I have them on my SSCX).
I'm pretty sure Fred's front lever is a Tektro or some other cheapy.

I have a serious crush on those Campy carbon brake levers, I've occasionally considered what excuse I could come up with to put them on my fixed gear, or perhaps to buy a pair if I end up SS-ing my CX bike.

Back
Top Bottom