07 Tour de France

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Why was Moreni arrested? and why Vinoukourov wasn't? Is there a difference? Does this mean they are trying to show all the riders that there is no more tolerance and they won't be getting only "a slap in the hand" and a suspension?

ArmyOfNone

WTF!?

ok this is getting crazy! I was looking forward to this guy in the next stage, just as much as i was looking forward to seeing Vinokourov. Madness! Its Mall Madness!

MallMadness1989.jpg

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Turns out Rasmussen was in Italy with the infamous Dr. Michelle Ferrari when he told team officials that he was training in Mexico. Skipping out-of-competition doping control tests to train with a doctor who advocates doping? Yeah, you can expect the team to fire the guy for that.

Rabo would rather get the positive press for being proactive and being tough on doping instead of getting drawn into a massive post-race drama. I imagine there's also much more to the story that we're not being told. And I don't blame them for trying to protect their sponsors (who've put up tens of millions for the team sponsorship) from being drawn into a huge doping debacle.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this is just pitiful. IMHO, the tour, hell professional cycling, is in big trouble. i read last night that there are talks of pulling it from the olympics??

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
this is just pitiful. IMHO, the tour, hell professional cycling, is in big trouble. i read last night that there are talks of pulling it from the olympics??

I read that too. Making room for Rugby, Softball or Karate. But it is not until 2016!! Too long....anything can happen between now and then.

Why is it the cycling is so much under scrutiny?!?!!? There is a lot of drug use in other sports too.

I say let them use all the want, see how long they last before killing themselves.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Why was Moreni arrested? and why Vinoukourov wasn't? Is there a difference? Does this mean they are trying to show all the riders that there is no more tolerance and they won't be getting only "a slap in the hand" and a suspension?

I'll take a guess:

testosterone (Moreni) is a controlled substance, and a criminal offense?

Blood transfusions (Vino) is not criminally illegal, its against UCI doping rules (as is testosterone obv). I heard the dna test of vino's blood indicated he had blood cells from other people, a clear indication that he'd broken that rule!

I think the UCI has always taken a no tolerance approach, its just that they seem to be doing a lot more testing these days. Perhaps the dna testing technology, as well as other doping tests have gotten so good (faster and more economical?) that it just means if you dope and win a stage you *will* get dinged.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Turns out Rasmussen was in Italy with the infamous Dr. Michelle Ferrari when he told team officials that he was training in Mexico. Skipping out-of-competition doping control tests to train with a doctor who advocates doping? Yeah, you can expect the team to fire the guy for that.

Rabo would rather get the positive press for being proactive and being tough on doping instead of getting drawn into a massive post-race drama. I imagine there's also much more to the story that we're not being told. And I don't blame them for trying to protect their sponsors (who've put up tens of millions for the team sponsorship) from being drawn into a huge doping debacle.

good point... and by dropping out, Ras can race again next year... if he stayed in and (presumably) tested positive for blood doping then its a (2?) year suspension. and... Rabo would be dragged down with him (like Cofidis and Astana)

I see all this housecleaning as a good thing.

Conte and Levi look podium bound. Nice. :) And I sure don't mind Aussie mountain biker Cadel Evans being in there either!

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I read that too. Making room for Rugby, Softball or Karate. But it is not until 2016!! Too long....anything can happen between now and then.

Why is it the cycling is so much under scrutiny?!?!!? There is a lot of drug use in other sports too.

I say let them use all the want, see how long they last before killing themselves.

trust me, i've had to, at least three times over the past week or so, delete some type of 'is mike vick out of his freakin' mind?' type tyrade. they are under no more or less scrutiny...maybe they are all just idiots? i have no idea, but when you KNOW for a 100% fact that you will be tested and if you get caught you WILL lose your job/credibility/livelyhood...i dunno.

look at baseball with bonds, maquire, sosa, canseco and the others. it's a joke. hell, i heard from very reliable source that rodger clemens little 1/2 season deal was due to a positive test for 'roids that the league didn't want leaked.

and football? please. you tell me how since the league started that the average NFL player has got so damn big. from the palm beach post:

"From 1920 to 1984, there were never more than eight players in any season who weighed 300 pounds or more. This year, there were 570 players who weighed 300 or more listed on 2006 NFL training camp rosters, nearly 20 percent of all players."

eventually we'll be debating whether a guy with genetically alters psoas muscle of a rabbitd should be allowed in the tour (if it even exists) or the QB with the bionic eye should be allowed to play since he has crosshairs installed.

personally, i don't care and neither does the media (although they say they do). as long as it pulls ratings and earns cash...

WTF!?

ok this is getting crazy! I was looking forward to this guy in the next stage, just as much as i was looking forward to seeing Vinokourov. Madness! Its Mall Madness!

MallMadness1989.jpg

Thanks for the photo AON - I needed a laugh amidst all this depressing TdF news. BTW - is that where you spend your non-riding days?

ArmyOfNone

The Tour's Final Stage

So Evans is 24 seconds off the lead and llkjasldfjlakf (whatever) is 31 seconds off.

The commentators today were talking about how traditionally there will be no attacks on the leader during the last stage. How can this be? Is this not a race? I can respect tradition, but from what i understand this is one of the closest tours in quite some time. How these two trailing by so little can sit back and let contador take the yellow jersey into france without a fight is something i find hard to believe. I dont know what i would do in this situation.

Crack him! I want to see a race!:getsome: :getsome: :getsome:

Any predictions?

ArmyOfNone

C'mon Contador - you young whipper-snapper!

It would be awesome if he won. It blows my mind that the guy is only a year older than me and is ripping up the gc.

Every day i learn a bit more about each racer. I wish i would have started watching a bit earlier. But the one guy who i think is pretty freakin awesome is tom boonen. He says what is on his mind which is great.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
..If you had seen Cadel ride a Mt bike like I did in the 90's you would be hoping for him to win.

Cadel might be the nicest guy out there.

He tore up the mt bike scene a few years back.

He has my vote.

j

Top Bottom