State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am shopping for the best price on this, so far I believe I'll go with WorlWideCyclery rather than JensonUSA.com because of some old discount coupons...
View attachment 127404
LOL, might as well just stay at home/inside

you guys...its going to be 70 and nice this weekend....EVERYONE will be out and going to the parks...as is their right...if this concerns you (passing people on tight single track) dont go, because you WILL be in close contact with people. The 50% rule will not be enforceable in many parks...my god, waywayanda/ringwood/Allamuchy for example must have 10 different places to park. Is it possible the parks get closed again? sure, but for now they are open and everyone has a right to be there...so im perfectly fine with it being a madhouse....I expect nothing less...myself personally, ill probably go to a quieter spot with no hikers.

mtn

The're called park police, not rangers, and they have been on duty the entire time enforcing the closures and chasing atv's and moto's out mainly.

About fifteen years ago they were still park rangers. Then someone made the executive decision to change to park police to differentiate from federal park rangers, and to make it clear to the public that they were able to enforce laws.

serviceguy

LOL, might as well just stay at home/inside

you guys...its going to be 70 and nice this weekend....EVERYONE will be out and going to the parks...as is their right...if this concerns you (passing people on tight single track) dont go, because you WILL be in close contact with people. The 50% rule will not be enforceable in many parks...my god, waywayanda/ringwood/Allamuchy for example must have 10 different places to park. Is it possible the parks get closed again? sure, but for now they are open and everyone has a right to be there...so im perfectly fine with it being a madhouse....I expect nothing less...myself personally, ill probably go to a quieter spot with no hikers.

Glad it got a LOL out of you, that was the idea...as for me, as I mentioned before, both Saturday and Sunday there's going to be TM on Catsnest / Fire Hydrant / Secret Secret which I am planning to attend. Not sure how many people are going to show up but I am sure I am not the only one bursting at the seams to get in the park...social distancing applies as mandated by the State/Park (face masks, no exchanging of tools, wipes etc...). Apparently we're allowed to ride to the location too thanks to the park opening. I bet someone from the park is going to show up...or maybe not.

SmooveP

As much as I wanna ride, the combo of warm weather, pent-up demand and mud might keep me away this weekend. I'm hoping that people will eventually get tired of fresh air and exercise, because Merica.

This will be an interesting experiment. Parks were closed initially because of observed behavior vs. any real science, so the same thing could happen again. As for measuring any effects of reopening parks (or anything else), there's a 2-4 week lag time before it's measurable.

Top Bottom