Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

AndyJ

Excellent conditions at both Hartshone and Huber. Crowd was surprisingly light for a weekend - either the overcast afternoon kept people away, or they were busy celebrating Cinco de Mayo. There are light showers in the forecast for Sunday, but it's dry enough that they probably won't affect trail conditions much, unless we're hit with a downpour.

rmap01

Primo riding conditions this morning. Kudos to those that have been doing the TM! It's obvious that significant work was done cleaning things up and getting the trails in such great shape... best I've ever seen at Hartshorne. Just wanted to say: THANK YOU!!!

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I got a ride in after work today. There are a couple wet spots but nothing that results in trail damage when ridden. With how well Hartshorne drains this could be one of the only rideable parks in the area for foreseeable future..

rmap01

Anyone have a chance to check on conditions? I realize with all the rain it’s a probably a long shot but would love to get a ride in tomorrow, i.e. conditions permitting.

SmooveP

My GF was out there this morning with the dog. She says it's in good shape, with only a few soft spots here and there. Hoping to get out there later this afternoon myself.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
It rained pretty hard this morning. I haven't seen the trails today. My guess is that it is probably rideable but you'll most likely encounter some mud if you venture into Rocky point or the usual soft spots on Grand Tour. I was going to ride this afternoon but I'm just going to wait until tomorrow.

Karate Monkey

I popped in on my way home. As one might expect from the land of 10,000 water bars, everything pointing slightly downwards was wet/had a few inches of dirt/sand/leaves covering it. Might be dry-ish tomorrow afternoon, but probably not until Friday.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I popped in on my way home. As one might expect from the land of 10,000 water bars, everything pointing slightly downwards was wet/had a few inches of dirt/sand/leaves covering it. Might be dry-ish tomorrow afternoon, but probably not until Friday.
Hartshorne is always rideable an hour after the storm.

Reactions: Tim

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
While not horrible, it was a little softer in many spots than I prefer. My wife/riding partner hit it this morning. Should be fine for the weekend.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Just finished a lap at Hartshorne. It’s as close to hero dirt as Hartshorne gets. Sure there are a couple spots that may be softer than ideal but most of the sand is packed and firm. In a few hours it will all be dust again. Go get it!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Wondering what the ground conditions are going to be in these two parks. We got a prodigious amount of rain Saturday night through Sunday morning.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I rode Hartshorne yesterday and it was mostly good. There were a few slick spots but I would think it's got to be nearly perfect today.

Not sure about Huber. I think it stays a little wetter a little longer than Harts.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions