Windham NBS Race

DownhillR3

I will be going to compete in the DH & DS, don't know if I'd be able to compete in XC as well, might be too rough.

BiknBen

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I saw there is a map posted of the course. Is it just hear-say? it does look like a 3rd grader just took a green crayon to the map. Who is going to the race next week?

DownhillR3

This is stated under what gear to bring... "...and a helmet with mouth guard."
Never thought of that.

If I can find a nice hotel around Windham mountain, I should be going.

bdmtb

Just checked out the CC map on the site. I'm a bit confused (what else is new) about the start finish, it doesn't seem to connect. Anybody been up there yet? Is it marked? How many laps for each class? Anybody heading up this week for a pre-ride? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Happy 4th!

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Just checked out the CC map on the site. I'm a bit confused (what else is new) about the start finish, it doesn't seem to connect. Anybody been up there yet? Is it marked? How many laps for each class? Anybody heading up this week for a pre-ride? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Happy 4th!

The start finish appears to be at the base of the lift, right in front of the base lodge. The map does not make sense, its just a rough approximation. Gerilynn and I rode 3 laps of the course today. I'll sum them up like this: Fun, Fun, Fun! This is a course that can not be missed! I turned in a 33:43 as my 3rd lap so the race will be fast and furious! The climbs up the left half of the mountain are tough, but very manageable with lots of room to pass. The downhill on the right side is sweet, I remember 3 different bermed turns in it. There are bridges galore too! Two of the bridges cross over the downhill runs. I spoke with one of the guys working on the course today, found out he designed and built it, he mentioned they are worried about the turn out. We need to make sure there is a NMBS race near us. Its marked very well and you dont need a lift ticket or anything to ride. The mountain appeared to be closed, but there was still a handful of people riding.

NJMX835

I'll be there to race the DH, will be arriving Friday morning.

I <3 racing instead of going to work :D

bdmtb

The start finish appears to be at the base of the lift, right in front of the base lodge. The map does not make sense, its just a rough approximation. Gerilynn and I rode 3 laps of the course today. I'll sum them up like this: Fun, Fun, Fun! This is a course that can not be missed! I turned in a 33:43 as my 3rd lap so the race will be fast and furious! The climbs up the left half of the mountain are tough, but very manageable with lots of room to pass. The downhill on the right side is sweet, I remember 3 different bermed turns in it. There are bridges galore too! Two of the bridges cross over the downhill runs. I spoke with one of the guys working on the course today, found out he designed and built it, he mentioned they are worried about the turn out. We need to make sure there is a NMBS race near us. Its marked very well and you dont need a lift ticket or anything to ride. The mountain appeared to be closed, but there was still a handful of people riding.

Sounds fun. I'm hoping to get up there sometime early this week to check it out. Thanks for the info and see you at the races!

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Sounds fun. I'm hoping to get up there sometime early this week to check it out. Thanks for the info and see you at the races!

I checked out a thread they have going over on MTBR. Looks like during the week you have to sign a waiver to ride. I was a "volunteer" today so I did not have to sign anything!

Anyone that is on the fence about this race, you do not need to have a license to race. They will be doing the one day license just like the H2H races.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
From my experience, laps tend to get changed according to the conditions. They also tend to cut for over 50 classes. These larger races must fit into a time frame, and they try to keep the laps within that. Always check the night before and right before the race. Have extra water on hand. You can always dump a bottle or drain the pack part way.

J

jhollens

Day of Registration

Does anyone know if you can sign up on Sunday morning for the beginner race ?

Pokgirl

Spork
Does anyone know if you can sign up on Sunday morning for the beginner race ?

My guess is yes. We had some expert and semi-pro guys go up there today and race, and they were not preregistered (although the schedule clearly says their registration closed on Friday).

Pokgirl

Spork
Fabulous, fun course. All ride-able (except for my endo on the triple arrow downhill. Does that count?)

If you missed this race, you missed a good one!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yes, fun xc course! Not real technical in NJ terms, but still fun. Super-D course was awesome!! It was my first time doing super-d, but others reported it as a more technical course. It was just riding for most of us :D.

I saw Mixmasta and Gerylin out there ripping it up. I did not see sport results, so not sure how everyone did. How did everyone do??

Top Bottom