high mountain blues?

I rode High Mountain on 12/24 for the first time, and I gotta tell ya- those are some fun trails! In the recent past, mtb-ers have been cutting in single track and doing a fine job of it - thank you to those hard at work! Most of the hiking trails are so washed out and rutted ,plus they're double-track, and just not fun to ride. We did 9 miles there and only doubled back on a couple trails. The newer switchback to the overlook is a killer climb but a well made trail. A lot more climbing and rocks than anticipated so I had a blast! Usually ride CR, JH, Sour and Waway so it was a pleasant surprise.

please,.DO comeback more often and bring you pals along!!

High mountain this weekend?

Hi,
I am new on the forum. I live near High Mtn in Wayne. I really want a tour of the single track there. I saw the singletrack off yellow once when hiking, but could not find it when i went back on my bike after the leaves fell. Saturday morning anyone?

Anyone have 411 on entry into High Mountain and possible parking areas from the Franklin Lakes side?

Conditions were stellar today, and so was the weather. Depending on how much rain comes down tonight/tomorrow, it'll probably need a day or two to dry out again though.

nice day for riding up here and do some trails clearance.
too bad there's some angry hikers doing stupid stuff up there..becarefull out there folks.

http://www.strava.com/367403813

looks like in few week cool weather gonna coming sooner.
today,.leaves are start falling.

20150812_094911.jpg
20150812_101349.jpg
20150812_112348.jpg

yes,@Blair
see you tommorow.

@soundz branches and stick was littered on the trails leading up to summit on unmarked trails.
first,.i cleared couples branches. moving...about 20ft theres another one...clear that.
moving again,..about same distance.there's another one and another,and another.
so,..its obviously.somebody was not happy.
i confirmed with my friend he acknowledge it too!

Doesn't look like I'll make it back til the 27th as I'll be on vacation, but enjoy the rocks.

Explain?!

branches and stick was littered on the trails leading up to summit on unmarked trails.
first,.i cleared couples branches. moving...about 20ft theres another one...clear that.
moving again,..about same distance.there's another one and another,and another.
so,..its obviously.somebody was not happy.

Yeah I've come across big sticks laying across the trail every twenty feet or so coming down from the top. I throw them as far as I can whenever they are there to make it more work for the guy to put them back.

Is the weekly ride going off tomorrow?

I think the meetup ride was canceled this week, but it sounds like there will still be some people there for a ride. I will most likely not make it today as I'll probably be stuck at work.

Yeah I've come across big sticks laying across the trail every twenty feet or so coming down from the top. I throw them as far as I can whenever they are there to make it more work for the guy to put them back.

I think the meetup ride was canceled this week, but it sounds like there will still be some people there for a ride. I will most likely not make it today as I'll probably be stuck at work.
I have had the

I have found trails deliberately blocked with sticks and stuff also, F the eleitest a holes, I just move them and keep riding! My will to ride is greater than theirs is to obstruct!!!

So it soundz like those sticks are arranged vertically from tree branches above?

Ignorant people that don't ride, so they think no one should. My will to ride is greater than theirs is to obstruct!!!

Sorry guys, it was me. I was trying to protect my KOM! lol
Just kidding... I am noob and I have no KOM :)

Was at HM yesterday. Rode mostly the color trails and didn't go up to the summit but didn't see the sticks on the color trails.
If these sticks were on the unmarked trails, it looks to me that someone is trying to protect their KOM as you rarely see hikers on these trails.

Ride tommorow sunday.
ride start by 9 am.expect about 2-3hrs ride duration.
No drop.
I ride very slow.
Will ride all the unmarked trails.
This is your chance to ride HM best singletrack lots of climbs and rock garden goodness.
Start at college rd
Red trailhead parking lot.

Last edited:
lazy sunday ride in HM..these are few feature that not many peoples knew about in high mountain preserve..
first one is what believe to be a small resrvoir that always dried up in summer.but when spring comes it always full.this small oasis is heaven to fauna resident of HMP.i did saw a giant crawfish i try to cath it.also saw blue heron flying near by the reservoir.

second pic is abandoned water tank,.located on the right hand side of the first pic.no idea what it purposed is other than to store water.could have been use for the tree farm that used to be operated here.

and the last is,.dried bottom reservoir.

20150823_095700.jpg
20150823_101033.jpg
20150823_101916.jpg

I'm planning on heading to HM tomorrow morning for a ride. Nothing concrete planned as far as trails. I've only been there once, last winter, so I plan on getting directionaly challenged :) if anyone wants to join I'll be in the lot around 7.

I'm planning on heading to HM tomorrow morning for a ride. Nothing concrete planned as far as trails. I've only been there once, last winter, so I plan on getting directionaly challenged :) if anyone wants to join I'll be in the lot around 7.
Just saw this... were you the guy in the silver Nissan SUV with what I think was a Trek?
If so, I was the asian guy in a red jersey with a blue Giant.
Howdy! :)

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions