Good Luck Walter!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At the moment (roughly 11:00 am) Walter is either on his way or at the doctor to find out what his fate is on the shoulder. As I understand it, it's a bit like Groundhog Day for him, without Bill Murray. If he sees his shadow, bike riding is like 4-6 weeks away. The alternative is a bad place of which we will not speak.

Good luck Walter, we're all counting on you!

walter

Fourth Party
Happy to report, no surgery yet. I am happy that I was released from that stupid hell of a sling I was in for the past 3 1/2 weeks. I am waiting from the call from my physical therapy place, where I will happily be going 3 times a week for the next month. Back to see the orthopedic doctor in 3 weeks to access how I am responding to the pt. Hopefully things will go well and I can get back on the bike outdoors, this spinning on the trainer in a room painted with a faux skyline really isnt doing it for me.

Thanks for all 4 well wishes, I feel loved.

walter

Last edited:
D

DANSPANK

mate, are you fat now?

Want some birthday cake? Its' one of those icecream ones with the biscuit (cookie) base.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
but seriously, folks...

...that is some really good news. Shoulder surgery=no good.

Walter, have you been sleeping sitting up all this time? When I fractured my clavicle I couldn't lay on that side for like 6 months. It was a long time before I could even lay on the other side. I used one of those corduroy TV headrest things and a bunch of pillows. Didn't get too many good night's sleep for months.

walter

Fourth Party
...that is some really good news. Shoulder surgery=no good.

Walter, have you been sleeping sitting up all this time? When I fractured my clavicle I couldn't lay on that side for like 6 months. It was a long time before I could even lay on the other side. I used one of those corduroy TV headrest things and a bunch of pillows. Didn't get too many good night's sleep for months.

Chris, the funny thing is that my left side is my "natural" comfy side to sleep on so I had to make adjustments. Me and mrs walter switched sides of the bed so I can lie on my right side comfortably, and at night I set up a barricade of pillows to sort of stop me from rolling onto my left side. I have never been able to sleep on my back so now I have am really only able to sleep on my right side, which like you said, doesnt really make for a good nights sleep. When the doctor took me out of work I thought this would be a great time to catch up on sleep, no more waking up at 4 am. Although I don't have to get up so early, the quality of sleep is suffering.

Top Bottom