Good Luck Walter!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At the moment (roughly 11:00 am) Walter is either on his way or at the doctor to find out what his fate is on the shoulder. As I understand it, it's a bit like Groundhog Day for him, without Bill Murray. If he sees his shadow, bike riding is like 4-6 weeks away. The alternative is a bad place of which we will not speak.

Good luck Walter, we're all counting on you!

Happy to report, no surgery yet. I am happy that I was released from that stupid hell of a sling I was in for the past 3 1/2 weeks. I am waiting from the call from my physical therapy place, where I will happily be going 3 times a week for the next month. Back to see the orthopedic doctor in 3 weeks to access how I am responding to the pt. Hopefully things will go well and I can get back on the bike outdoors, this spinning on the trainer in a room painted with a faux skyline really isnt doing it for me.

Thanks for all 4 well wishes, I feel loved.

walter

Last edited:
mate, are you fat now?

Want some birthday cake? Its' one of those icecream ones with the biscuit (cookie) base.

but seriously, folks...

...that is some really good news. Shoulder surgery=no good.

Walter, have you been sleeping sitting up all this time? When I fractured my clavicle I couldn't lay on that side for like 6 months. It was a long time before I could even lay on the other side. I used one of those corduroy TV headrest things and a bunch of pillows. Didn't get too many good night's sleep for months.

...that is some really good news. Shoulder surgery=no good.

Walter, have you been sleeping sitting up all this time? When I fractured my clavicle I couldn't lay on that side for like 6 months. It was a long time before I could even lay on the other side. I used one of those corduroy TV headrest things and a bunch of pillows. Didn't get too many good night's sleep for months.

Chris, the funny thing is that my left side is my "natural" comfy side to sleep on so I had to make adjustments. Me and mrs walter switched sides of the bed so I can lie on my right side comfortably, and at night I set up a barricade of pillows to sort of stop me from rolling onto my left side. I have never been able to sleep on my back so now I have am really only able to sleep on my right side, which like you said, doesnt really make for a good nights sleep. When the doctor took me out of work I thought this would be a great time to catch up on sleep, no more waking up at 4 am. Although I don't have to get up so early, the quality of sleep is suffering.

Back
Top Bottom