J-Dro

Whats stopping you? I've only owned a road bike for 3 weeks and I've already been out 4 times this year.

walter

Fourth Party
Whats stopping you? I've only owned a road bike for 3 weeks and I've already been out 4 times this year.

Sweet, good for you. What did you get??

Seriously Nick, other than this past sun. and mon., the weather has been fairly good.

N

Neen

Heck, Maryanne and I did 35 miles on Saturday and it was 32* when we started. I've got to get booties! Or something!:rolleyes:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Heck, Maryanne and I did 35 miles on Saturday and it was 32* when we started. I've got to get booties! Or something!:rolleyes:

Good job with the mileage girls! Yes booties or even wind covers will help a lot for road riding in winter.

NJ Jess

Now really,..

there's no excuse. In this day and age there are lights and chem warmers. Get out and ride.

J-Dro

Sweet, good for you. What did you get??

Did you ever see that C'dale Synapse demo bike in the Liquigas color scheme kicking around Halter's? Well it's mine now.:D

e37f_12.JPG

NickDavid

I know I'm sporting a vagina right this second, but when the temperature is this cold, it locks up my joints. I started taking glucosamine about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully it helps. I have the gear for cold weather, but it still hurts.

Plus, it's hard to ride out of Hoboken after work. The roads are real crap.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Hey Nick David ... the less I ride the more everythng hurts.:hmmm:

Hope that glucosomine works for you, so you can get out there. Maybe try a longer warm-up period AND stop staring at your avitar picture all day.

Good News is ... only 56 days left!:)

NickDavid

Hey Nick David ... the less I ride the more everythng hurts.:hmmm:

Hope that glucosomine works for you, so you can get out there. Maybe try a longer warm-up period AND stop staring at your avitar picture all day.

Good News is ... only 56 days left!:)
Oh, but Christina is just so niiiiice.

Shaggz

A strong 7
you know how we are Ellen. female anatomy comments are OK, but "stiff joints" really crosses that moderator threshold :rolleyes: :D

anrothar

entirely thrilled
I know I'm sporting a vagina right this second.....

i'm not so sure that's accurate considering the women who responded to this thread are riding in the cold and the only one who isn't is a man, kind of. :D

you might just have to layer up your knees and elbows more than everyone else. knee and arm warmers all around.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
mr pixy still suffers some stiffness in his hip after sitting or driving. Once he warms up on the bike, he is good to go. Although I have heard of some severe cases of Rheumatoid Arthritus that are unbearable in the cold. Hopefully it is just a case of motivation.

Top Bottom