pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
55 days left!

Brrrrr, did riding the road stink today. It may be a week or 2 before I do that again.

Not So Fast

I I started taking glucosamine about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully it helps. I have the gear for cold weather, but it still hurts.
QUOTE]

The glucosamine worked for me. My knees were very bad after 30+ years of abuse on the hardwood and asphalt. After 3 days of the glucosamine and an occassional Aleve, it was all good.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
but when the temperature is this cold, it locks up my joints. I started taking glucosamine about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully it helps. I have the gear for cold weather, but it still hurts.
QUOTE]

I take fish oil every day and it seems to help a ton. I only notice it when I don't take it. It works for my old knees.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
52 days til spring .... Yahoo! I'm beginning to like this count down thing.

...and 38 days to riding in Arizona, :) the thought of wearing shorts .... ahh

D

DANSPANK

52 days til spring .... Yahoo! I'm beginning to like this count down thing.

...and 38 days to riding in Arizona, :) the thought of wearing shorts .... ahh

Hey Pixy,

Where are you riding? I've got a stag/bachellor party to go to in Phoenix but I was considering going out early to ride. I've never been out that way and didn't know how easy the trails were to get to, or bike-friendly the roads were. Have you been out that way before? Know any friendly bike rental shops?
Thanks,

Daniel.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I am going to the Tucson area, which is 2+ hours east from Phoenix. Staying here: http://www.wowtnt.com/ They have bike shop and rentals, and the trail head out of the backyard. Usually warm, and is quiet, convenient, low key, affordable .... and good margaritas.:)

I have been to Phoenix area for a race at MacDowell Park near Scottsdale. Super fun fast trails there. Like Stewart but in an Oasis. Bring tweezers for cactus needle removal :D

I have not been, but I hear South Mountain, in Phoenix has more technical terrain. Maybe Tool will chime in as he has been there. Plus there is Sedona, which is world class 2 hours north. Road traffic stinks in AZ during winter months, so I would try to stay on the trails as much as possible.

You may want to check the Arizona section of the mtbr forum for trail and rental info. They are real chatty over there now, cause they're gearing up for spring fling.

Last edited:

ccbrendan

Shop: Cycle Craft
Shop Keep
Only 7 more days 'til summer!

The tricky part is I have to go to Peru to pick it up. Me and some of the crew are going to Arequipa, Peru for La Clasica Diaz next Sunday. We'll be basking in the Southern hemisphere summer for 10 days! I will freely admit to putting a compact crank on my road bike as we will be riding in the Andes, but did I mention that it's summer time there?
Brendan
P.S. Don't forget, you still have until next Friday to buy raffle tickets to win the Canondale Six13! http://www.cyclecraft.com

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Aesome Brendan! Enjoy the sunshine.

BTW, Cheif Prognosticator is great title? Congrats on that one.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
45 ! :) Has anyone checked in with the ground hog?

..... and some half way descent temps for road riding this past weekend! Hope you all got out to enjoy some of it.

Top Bottom